Bio-luminescent tours

Motorcycle Gma

I’m going to be in PR for a few days & want to do the bio-luminescent tours. I know the moon needs to be small, but my best bet is a half moon on October 6. I’m planning to go to the best spot in Vieques, Mosquito Bay. Anyone done this? It requires I take a ferry & spend the night which will end up costing about $300 plus $65 fees per person. Is it worth doing for $400 with a half moon?? 

• 4 weeks later...

We were on an over night  stay and went to Vieques but we didn't do a ferry ride.  SO I may be talking a different location. It was fun watching the locals coming to celebrate their weekend off at the park in town.  We took the tour on small motor boat.  Most of the people were in kayak's and had no idea how to row in their craft.  Our boat had to have a man sit on the bow to warn off the poor souls in those boats. Mind you, it was dark with no artificial lightening , scary we would hit them.  Any ways we got to the magic spot and it was cool but minimal and did not live up to all the hype.  All those boats every night have pretty much minimized the effect.  The ferry ride might be worth it since this site was not what we imagined.  Check the reviews for the tour you are looking out.  Enjoy what you can.