Seabourn Ovation V1 Cabin Advice!

Dr. Cocktail

Happy Thursday!

I'm booking my first Seabourn cruise on Ovation and have actually held a V2 but was curious about the cheaper V1's. The majority are above a mysterious White Area on deck 4 on the deck plans forward of the restaurant and behind the Medical Center.

Could someone possibly tell me what that area is and if anyone has stayed in the V1 category?

Many thanks!

The mysterious white area on Deck 4 is the service areas for The Restaurant (I believe).  The Restaurant has a high ceiling and that’s why it also takes out part of deck 5.

The verandah cabins are virtually identical between V1 and V4; personally have never had any issue staying in a V1.  It really is just a matter of location on the ship; while I would love to be close to Seabourn Square I’d walk a bit further for the cost savings of a V1.  

I hope you enjoy your first SB voyage!

Edited by johng75370

16 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Thanks!

More thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!

I have not been on the Ovation, but have stayed in a V1 on the Odyssey. The partial metal and glass railing is not a problem at all. Looking at Ovation's deck plan, I would prefer a V1 over a V2. First of all, I prefer a lower deck. Secondly, the V2 cabins are all at the front of the ship. I would prefer the mid-ship V1 cabins, if any is still available. As for the mysterious blank spaces, when I compare them to the deck plan of the Odyssey, I think they are administrative offices. Someone with a better knowledge of the Ovation may be more helpful.

Stayed in 528 on Ovation this past January…. Personally, I like deck five as it has lower amount of foot traffic through it. The balcony does not have full glass partition however it didn’t bother me at all.  I have also stayed on deck 7 on Ovation and really found no difference in the room etc.   if the savings is there I would not hesitate at all staying on deck five in a V1 again.

19 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Could someone possibly tell me what that area is and if anyone has stayed in the V1 category?

Only thing to watch for us whether there are many anchorages on your itinerary. Dropping the anchor is LOUD and usually early in the morning. Any cabin at the front of the ship will hear it, V1s especially.