Purser's Desk called regarding tip!!

Michuck

Just saw article on tipping, and it reminded me of what happened on our recent cruise with our children and grandchildren.

We arranged to have tips added to our shipboard account, and added extra in cash. We had side-by-side rooms, and they were reserved with me and DH in one room, and our son and his wife and 2 children in the other. Since the kids were in our room most of the time (99.9% of the time - they slept in our room, etc. Isn't grandmas room more fun than Mom & Dads?), we added the 2 children to our account. Couldn't believe it when my son told me that the Purser's office called to tell him that he didn't add the 2 children to their account!! No call to us though that we added 2 to ours....was very surprised by this. Told the cabin steward that we put the kids on ours, and he said he figured we did. Was really surpised by the call.....

Michele

What is unacceptable about checking to see if there had been some mistake... That only way they can clear up a mistake is to call and ask. Remember people make mistakes and to rectify the problem they chose to call and since you son cleared up the matter there was no need to call you too. Now if they had incorrectly charged you boy you would have been mad as hell too. I am sorry maybe the person was diplomatic enough but I think it was ok for them to call and ask if a mistake had been made.

Archived