Entertainment booking on Iona.

yoj13

Today, I've received an email regarding booking the entertainment for our 23/09/23 cruise on Iona.  After  selecting our options and placing them in the basket, I then proceed to checkout where it informs me, I've booked them before and it will let me go no further.   Off course I have done no such thing.  Now I've read countless times that P&O website is mediocre at best but this is not what I wanted to see.  Although I ticked the check box for both guests,  the basket info only shows one name.  Surely this isn't correct either

We were on a school holiday Iona cruise and we’re fine booking on board (or just turning up). The only thing that was “sold out” was the Limelight, but even then we were able to get the odd slot if you checked where people had cancelled.

For 710 you need to book when they are released onboard as it’s popular and difficult to get a booking: but they do have a waitlist if you go 20 minutes before it starts.

Well it seems to be a worse situation than yesterday 're pre booking entertainment, when I had at least 12 nights in the'basket' and to return to checkout later which I did, only to be informed that checkout 'not available'.  Logged in today to find 7 items removed and 5 remain in the basket.  I have, once again added the ones that have been removed, gone to  checkout again only to be informed I have nothing booked.    What a waste of time, now  I understand why customers become exasperated with P&O's website

On 9/11/2023 at 1:56 PM, yoj13 said:

Well it seems to be a worse situation than yesterday 're pre booking entertainment, when I had at least 12 nights in the'basket' and to return to checkout later which I did, only to be informed that checkout 'not available'.  Logged in today to find 7 items removed and 5 remain in the basket.  I have, once again added the ones that have been removed, gone to  checkout again only to be informed I have nothing booked.    What a waste of time, now  I understand why customers become exasperated with P&O's website

No disrespect intended but are you sure it's not something you are doing wrong yourself?

I don't think so. Having followed the instructions sent by P&O , it's a fairly straightforward p rocedure.  No problem placing them in the basket, then not possible to complete checkout with the instruction to 'checkout later . Then the next time I checked 7 items removed. Then informed  'you already have a booking for', then underneath So we can't book, checkout later. Next screen shot states, 'this product is on hold so we can't book'.  I've got screen shots anyway so I'll just show them at the theatre entrance. Hope the theatre entertainment performs better than their website!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, yoj13 said:

I don't think so. Having followed the instructions sent by P&O , it's a fairly straightforward p rocedure.  No problem placing them in the basket, then not possible to complete checkout with the instruction to 'checkout later . Then the next time I checked 7 items removed. Then informed  'you already have a booking for', then underneath So we can't book, checkout later. Next screen shot states, 'this product is on hold so we can't book'.  I've got screen shots anyway so I'll just show them at the theatre entrance. Hope the theatre entertainment performs better than their website!!!

One thing it won't let you do from my recollection is double book entertainment or something like that for the same time

And sometimes if you want to see the same show twice ie on consecutive nights it won't allow that 

Ie you have to cancel something to book something else 

I'm wondering if your messages are something to do with that?

And you are already booked into things you are trying to book again? Or you have things that clash for times?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

On 9/10/2023 at 2:15 PM, yoj13 said:

Today, I've received an email regarding booking the entertainment for our 23/09/23 cruise on Iona.  After  selecting our options and placing them in the basket, I then proceed to checkout where it informs me, I've booked them before and it will let me go no further.   Off course I have done no such thing.  Now I've read countless times that P&O website is mediocre at best but this is not what I wanted to see.  Although I ticked the check box for both guests,  the basket info only shows one name.  Surely this isn't correct either

I think there have been quite a few glitches of late from what I have read, so I doubt it is anything that you are doing. You could try emailing P&O or giving them a ring first thing in the morning to get clarification on what is actually happening.  Also, from what I know the basket information will show the lead passenger and not both names, even though it is for 2 of you. 

Edited by CarlaMarie

Just wanted to say hi as we are also on this cruise.

Not sure if you have been able to book yet; but I found the only way to manage this was to book one show at a time then checkout after each one.

A bit time consuming but at least it worked.

Getting excited now!

• Like 2