Wonky Weekend Web

Vertygo

I purchased 8 excursions yesterday (Sat) for my 8/2/24 Vista cruise. I clicked the Simply More box to get the discount for buying 6 or more, & paid. The receipt I received showed full/price paid, as did the O web site. Call this morning was quickly answered by a friendly agent who stated the correct discounted price was charged & their computer system was in error.  Whew!!

I’ve read about web issues on weekends, but not this particular type. Just beware…

Linda

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

I purchased 8 excursions yesterday (Sat) for my 8/2/24 Vista cruise. I clicked the Simply More box to get the discount for buying 6 or more, & paid. The receipt I received showed full/price paid, as did the O web site. Call this morning was quickly answered by a friendly agent who stated the correct discounted price was charged & their computer system was in error.  Whew!!

I’ve read about web issues on weekends, but not this particular type. Just beware…

Linda

FWIW this is not just a weekend issue.   I have always had to call to get the discount if booking 6 or more online.  Fortunately they have always fixed the price.  Seems like a simple IT fix but has not been done.

Edited by davencl

2 minutes ago, davencl said:

FWIW this is not just a weekend issue.   I have always had to call to get the discount if booking 6 or more online.  Fortunately they have always fixed the price.  Seems like a simple IT fix but has not been done.

I’ve always gotten reduced price on-line, including this time. Issue was that their system generated incorrect receipt. Glad correct payment was quickly confirmed & glad to know O was able to fix things for you.

1 minute ago, Vertygo said:

I’ve always gotten reduced price on-line, including this time. Issue was that their system generated incorrect receipt. Glad correct payment was quickly confirmed & glad to know O was able to fix things for you.

Good to know.  I'm in the process of booking excursions for a January trip.  Not up to 6 yet but hoping I don't need to call this time.

6 minutes ago, davencl said:

Good to know.  I'm in the process of booking excursions for a January trip.  Not up to 6 yet but hoping I don't need to call this time.

NEVER EVER use the O website cart to purchase tours. It has many glitches!  Always call O direct (or have your TA call - but only if the TA fully knows O’s booking idiosyncrasies).

Though we do use a great TA, I prefer to do my own excursion booking with an excellent, long-serving O phone rep. I have his direct contact info and he immediately sends me the detailed math “prepurchased shore excursions” PDF which is essential to have with you during the cruise - should there be cancellations/replacements. The other very important reason to call is because both the web shopping list and the latest PDF tours list man not be current! The most accurate list is what’s on the O phone rep’s computer. And, if you want/need to make changes to your purchased list of tours, the only way you can do it pre-cruise is to call O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

NEVER EVER use the O website cart to purchase tours. It has many glitches!  Always call O direct (or have your TA call - but only if the TA fully knows O’s booking idiosyncrasies).

Though we do use a great TA, I prefer to do my own excursion booking with an excellent, long-serving O phone rep. I have his direct contact info and he immediately sends me the detailed math “prepurchased shore excursions” PDF which is essential to have with you during the cruise - should there be cancellations/replacements. The other very important reason to call is because both the web shopping list and the latest PDF tours list man not be current! The most accurate list is what’s on the O phone rep’s computer. And, if you want/need to make changes to your purchased list of tours, the only way you can do it pre-cruise is to call O.

Yes there has been many times the total in the cart has little or nothing to do with the individual items added up....  I've even seen a cart total dollars with no items listed.  Last time we just made a list of all the excursions then called in to add.  Then always verify the confirmation email.   

2 hours ago, davencl said:

Just make sure to click the “Simply More” box on the right to get the discount. Worked for me & my traveling companions, just the invoice glitch showing higher price tho lower was correctly charged.