Question Re: 2Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite (Jewel)

SmarkVacation

Hi all,

We have watched several video reviews of the 2 bedroom deluxe family suite on the Jewel, but haven't found exactly want we are looking for.  Specifically, we are looking for feedback regarding the second/smaller bedroom and how comfortable it is for a senior adult.  For example: Is the bed in the smaller bedroom a pullout couch or a couch that converts to a single bed.  Does anyone have any experience sleeping on it?  If it's less than ideal, any suggestions on what would improve the experience?   How is the smaller bedroom in general for an adult guest?  Cozy and adequate or look at other options?  Any photos of this category of room made up and looking comfy/cozy area are appreciated. 🙂

Thank you!

Smark

we were recently on the b2b dawn . my friend who travels with us is 78 and always gets the 2nd bedroom. her share of the cruise is much cheaper than if she booked a cabin on her own, and the 3 of us get all the perks that come with a suite. she has no problems with the room

also, it gives you the luxury of a 2nd bathroom and shower.

imho, GO FOR IT!!!

• Like 2

We did this cabin on a 14 day cruise with my elderly MIL, she found the sofa bed to be quite comfortable. We had them leave it in bed mode as we usually sat in the living room. She enjoyed being able to have her own bathroom and changing area. The room can be isolated from the living room area by a door, in addition to the door on the cabin itself. All three of us had a great cruise. BTW we also took her on a 7 day cruise in a standard penthouse suite with the convertible loveseat bed and while she had a good time, she liked having her own sleeping and bath space.

• Like 2

The sofa beds in the second bedroom on the Jewel are horrible. I’ve spent over 100 nights on those beds. I posted photos in my reviews and you can see how when the couch folds down into a bed the two levels are not even. Even the mattress toppers don’t help.

The couch beds in the living rooms in the one bedroom Penthouse suites on the Breakaway+ ships and on the Spirit are so incredibly comfortable. The couch beds on the Jewel class ships are hard, uneven and end up hurting my back.

That said, the Jewel is my favourite ship.

• Like 2