Daylight Savings but NOT in Grand Cayman??

mcello77

I will be in Grand Cayman on the Jewel April 5th, right after daylight savings. The thing is I just found out that Grand Cayman will not be changing their clocks so I am nervous about scheduling a private tour because the timing might be off. Has anyone encountered this before? I spoke with a woman from grandcaymanexcursions.com and she was unsure about whether or not I could do the excursion I want because of the timing. I am wondering if NCL has this timing issue factored into arrival times that day in port.

Usually whoever you do the tour with knows the ship/shore time. I have had them wait on us as we did not make the 1st tender. Also know that the people with ship excursions get off 1st and sometimes it is an hour or more before we get off.

Usually NCL changes the time with the Time Zones...

Grand Cayman is in the Eastern Time Zone as is Florida. If it doesn't change with Miami to Daylight Savings Time, it will be one hour behind the time you leave Miami since Florida observes Daylight Saving Time.

Here's the Jewel's Western Caribbean itinerary:

Sun. Miami, Florida - - 5:00pm (EDT)

Mon. At sea - - - -

Tue. Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00am 4:00pm (CST)

Wed. George Town, Grand Cayman 11:00am 7:00pm (EST)

Thu. Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:00am 6:00pm (EST)

Fri. At sea - - - -

Sat. Great Stirrup Cay , Bahamas 7:00am 4:00pm (EDT)

Sun. Miami, Florida 8:00am* - - (EDT)

Many tropical countries don't switch to Daylight Savings Time because it has little effect, as at lower latitudes the time the sun rises and falls doesn't change much throughout the year. The only country you're going to that observes Daylight Savings Time is the Bahamas.

If the Dawn tries to keep ship time with the local port time, it would have to set clocks back one hour on Sunday night and Monday night, and set clocks forward one hour on Tuesday night and Friday night.

If the Dawn stays on Daylight Savings Time with the Time Zones, it would set clocks back one hour on Monday night, and set clocks forward one hour on Tuesday night. The ship would be one hour ahead of the local time in Honduras, Cayman Islands, and Jamaica. It would be on the same time as local time in the Bahamas.

I hope my reply doesn't confuse you more :confused:

Not too confused ummm I think! Thanks for the reply, that's why I am nervous booking a 5 hour tour in Grand Cayman because we may actually arrive there at 10am GC time and hence leave at 6pm not 7pm. If my tour starts at 12 (not a cruise tour) that would be cutting close, do NOT want to get left behind!

Archived