Kid's Diamond Vouchers Question - Avoiding Virgin Drinks Coming off the Adult Vouchers?

We've yet to find a perfect way to get bartenders/drink servers to take the kid's virgin drinks off THEIR vouchers and not the precious adult's alcohol vouchers when we're all in the same room.

Many servers want just the room number and wind up taking one of my kid's sodas off of my adult vouchers.  To circumvent this, we've tried "can you swipe this card for this drink, this card for this drink..." and it seems to have a decent success rate but requires so much extra communication.  At a bar, it's a little easier but they, too, often want just the room number when we say we're using the vouchers so I have to, again, go into "can you please swipe the cards instead, we don't want the kid's drinks to come off the adult's vouchers".  The only other solution I can think of is to send each person individually up there to get their drinks to avoid confusion and insist their card be scanned but that, too, seems like overkill.

I definitely think I'm doing something wrong, it can't be this complicated?   

• Like 1