JFK to FLL

memeremouse

If you purchased through Princess as mentioned, you are technically "safe" since it is the cruise line that put you on that in the first place.

What I find odd though is that they put you on this particular flight as it leaves relatively little room for any delays. If it's not too much of a problem, I'd call Princess and see if they can't get you onto an earlier flight.

We once had a flight arriving late also. We missed a whole day we could have spent on the ship, plus most of the food from the sailaway party was gone. To make us even more late, one woman couldnt find her daughter at the airport so that delayed our transfer by bus from getting us to the ship. We all had to wait on the bus till she located her. That is why we never book flights anymore though the cruiseline. We fly in a day early and if we can't then the first flight out that morning. We like to be on the ship nice and early which gives us time to explore and relax by the pool.

Wow, that's cutting it awfully close. I don't ever even arrive on the same day as the cruise, never mind 2 hours prior to departure.

I would call Princess and get that flight changed. If possible, go down the day/night before. If that's not possible, at least get on an earlier flight. Yeah, since you booked with Princess they will get you to the ship, but it may be the first port of call if you miss the departure from Ft. Lauderdale. Who wants to miss a day or a couple of days of their vacation?

If worse comes to worse, pay the fee to make an air deviation. I think it's about $35 pp and you can pick a flight that works better for you. Of course, I think they also charge you an difference in the flight fare as well.

• 4 weeks later...

JFK to FLL? I would fly in the day before. Why? Three little words: "Blizzard of 2006". I had booked to fly down the day before my cruise, and I'm glad I did, because I wound up being delayed for 24 hours in New York, then having to fly from Westchester County to Chicago-O'Hare to Miami!

I'm cruising again next year, and I've already booked my air reservation. However, I take no chances - I will have enough money for extra nights in a motel in case I need to fly down any earlier!

Archived