Chair saving by pool question!!??

I started the other Thread pertaining to Chair Hogs, to get an opinion on your feelings toward what RCCL and other Cruiselines are doing about the problem.

Getting a chair and utilizing it throughout the day is acceptable. You should be able to go to the pool, Hot tub, bathroom, or bar. One person even educated us on the time it takes her mother, in a wheel chair, to get to the bathroom and back. I think the problem is with the select few who think they can go to the pool at 6am and stake a claim to 10 or so chairs and then they sit empty all day. That is a chair Hog.

On a cruise Feb 05 one of my buddies and I went to the pool around 8:30. All pool side chairs were already taken. So we sat on the edge of the pool. On Jewel there is a wall then shallow water then deep pool. Around 10:00 the rest of our party showed up. So we all hung out at the pool side. We had been watching several chairs all morning with towels on them. By noonish no one ever sat in those chairs.

Some of our ladies asked the bar tender if they could bring chairs and put them in the shallow end. We did and it caught on. For about four hours this is what we did and had a great time. Around 4:00 the Pool Attendants came by to tell us to remove the chairs. the fight was on. There was still no one in the chairs we had watched all morning. We let the attendants know that and they said we should have just taken them.

Next cruise that is just what we will do.

You claiming a chair and utilizing it all day is great. But please don't leave and go to lunch or the spa for an hour, that is just not right.

It is your cruise and my cruise, let's be fair and relax and enjoy our short time in paradise.

thx.....

Archived