Site Sending Email Confirmation??

80sGal

Has anyone booked since the weekend website chaos?  I had one on hold during that time period.  I let the hold expire but did not get the usual email stating the expiration.  Then I reheld it while I debated cabins.  Again no Cruise on Hold email, and then I decided on a different catehory of cabins so I cancelled that one and now have the one I want on hold.   Again ... no cancellation email nor confirmation of hold.   I'm almost afraid to pay the deposit in case the system isn't really recognizing new booking or cabin choices.   Anyone else missing emails since the weekend upgrade? 

The update advisory is still at the top of Carnival's website. I'd say the emails are due to the site maintenance.

UPDATE ON CARNIVAL.COM UPGRADE AND POSSIBLE ERROR MESSAGES

Following the release of multiple system upgrades over the weekend, some guests have experienced pricing and/or transaction errors this week on Carnival.com. Most of these matters have been resolved and our IT team continues to troubleshoot and resolve isolated issues. If you continue to experience an issue, please clear your browsing data in the tools tab of your internet browser and try again. You may also call 1-800-CARNIVAL for assistance from our guest contact center. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Has anyone booked since the weekend website chaos?  I had one on hold during that time period.  I let the hold expire but did not get the usual email stating the expiration.  Then I reheld it while I debated cabins.  Again no Cruise on Hold email, and then I decided on a different catehory of cabins so I cancelled that one and now have the one I want on hold.   Again ... no cancellation email nor confirmation of hold.   I'm almost afraid to pay the deposit in case the system isn't really recognizing new booking or cabin choices.   Anyone else missing emails since the weekend upgrade? 

I put a room on hold, then before it expired tried to pay the deposit. It only gave me options of easy pay, uplift or full balance due. I wanted to just pay deposit and then make payments when I wanted to. It wouldn't let me pay just the deposit. I finally called and they had to take the payment over the phone. I did get email confirmation of deposit while on the phone, but the rest of the day the countdown was still going on for the deposit for the hold. Finally, by the next morning, the countdown was gone.