From PA to Port Canaveral

stacyinpa

I am booked on the Mariner of the Sea for a December 17th cruise out of Port Canaveral.

What airports should I look at the can get me close to PC?

I am patiently waiting for some airlines to get their schedules up so I can book!

Thanks for any help?

PS: Is there a thread somewhere that can tell us the ports and what airports are around them...for the purpose of checking different airlines?

THANKS A BUNCH!

Stacy

Hi Stacyinpa,

Where in PA is your home ? Might have some info. that might help. You may live in the good part-NW. PA or in all the other BAD parts!!!!:) :D Take care, Knarf (Frank backwards)

Hi Frank :)

I am in NE Penna. I am smack dab in the middle between Wilkes Barre/Reading/Allentown areas. Its takes us about 45 minutes to get to all 3 of these areas. Its a little coal cracker town called Tamaqua. I quess you can say Tamaqua is a 'bad' part of PA. We've been in the news alot lately. Had a shooting and now a manhunt for a guy who shot into an appartment cuz the ex lover was with another man and wouldnt give him his clothes, then just this week a PTO mother stole an estimated $37,000 from the Elementary school....that investigation is still unfolding. Had 3 BIG drug busts in a months time.....so I guess its getting ruff here....lol Better days are coming I guess. (Sorry--rambled there).

Does that help? I saw where Allegiant Air is flying out of ABE into Orlando. They seem to have good rates too.

I did fly out of PHL last December to FLL on Southwest. It was good, but I was wondering if you folks had ideas on where I should look into flying into....like someone told me Orlando/Sanford. I guess geographically I didnt know where I was flying in to....lol

Thanks for any help!

Stacy

Hi Stacey,

I guess I can't help you since you are across state from me. I live 30 miles south of Erie PA-(Saegertown, PA). I am 100 miles from Pittsburgh;100 miles from Buffalo; and 100 miles from Cleveland. This makes it nice when I look for airfare since it doesn't matter where I fly from. You might look at www.bookingbuddy for rates for air-they use all the search companies-orbitz,exppedia, travelocity etc. It is a goo d place to start. When you do get a rate, then check that particular airline for their rate-usually it is as good, plus you are dealing with the airline directly and not a middle man like orbitz etc etc. When you find a rate that you think is good-book it because if you don't they almost always go up or fill up. A couple of times I waited until morning to book and lo and behold the rate when up. Even in an hour the rates go up. The problem is that most of us don't know what a good rate is so we wait. After searching the places for a rate you'll get an idea what they are selling for-then as Oprah would say "go for it girl !!!!" Hope this helps- Oh, by the way -it sounds like you should move to this part of the state !!!!:) Take care, Frank

When I cruised from Port Canaveral last year I flew into Melbourne International Airport. It is actually a little closer and they run shuttles to the port. I believe it cost around $15 each way and took about 15 or 20 minutes.

I am booked on the Mariner of the Sea for a December 17th cruise out of Port Canaveral.

What airports should I look at the can get me close to PC?

I am patiently waiting for some airlines to get their schedules up so I can book!

Thanks for any help?

PS: Is there a thread somewhere that can tell us the ports and what airports are around them...for the purpose of checking different airlines?

THANKS A BUNCH!

Stacy

The closest airport to Port Canaveral is in Melbourne Fla. I am not sure how many flights fly direct into Melbourne from Pa.

Many people fly into Orlando which is a little over an hour away.

I prefer Melbourne because it is a very small airport. Orlando International is huge:)

Melbourne (MLB) is predominantly served by Delta through ATL. There are 3 flights on MD-88's, one 737-800 and two CRJ's. Delta Connection Comair also has one CRJ flight from Washington-National (DCA) and one CRJ from Cincinnati (CVG). As such, MLB does not have a competitive market for airfares - so you will pay for the convenience of being close to the port.

Trying to get the absolute lowest airfare is like buying stocks....the market may go up and it might go down. Some markets are very stable, others subject to wild swings.

Sanford is primarily for charter airlines and LCC's.

Hi Stacy,

I live in NE PA....Montrose about an hour north of Scranton. We cruised on the Mariner in jan 05. Eight of us flew out of Scranton, 4 out of philly and 2 out of JFK. We all flew into Orlando and took a cruise line sponsored bus to Port Canaveral.....maybe 30 minute right....not bad. It is a great ship and wonderful cruise!!

Karen

Archived