Anyone Been to Goff's Caye Lately???

elaineb

We are booked for this excursion in October...and was wondering something.

Did they offer to let anyone stay on the island until the second excursion group was over with? We are going with the first excursion, and I have a feeling we might like to just lounge there all day...

Thanks!

I don't think they will let you stay. That is why we are looking for a private tour out there.

I would doubt they would let you stay. I'd say the same operator runs the early and the late tour....and since it's usually a full boat (40 or so people) they possibly wouldn't have room to transport you back.

One funny note...they had a porta potty there...a yellow one...right off the dock where the boat pulls up. When our group left, the locals who were working there loaded up the porta potty on a seperate smaller boat and hauled it back....as we went back to the ship we could see them following us and then turn to the right towards Belize with their porta-potty in the middle of their boat. SOmething you don't see every day and it was a bit humorous.

Last year my then 13 yr old daughter and I did via Carnival the morning tour of GC and it was fantastic..

Not as crowded in the mornings, as most people don't want to be up that early.

And snorkeling was nicer with the temps and Sun not being as fierce

as the afternoon would be. Leave at like 9am or so and get back at like noon.

They gave us a choice of snorkeling from the island or the boat.

They dropped those wanting to snorkel off the island first, then took

most of us about 200 yds or so off of the island. I would recommend that if you snorkel off the boat that you be an OK or better swimmer as the water is always over your head deep, and the current and chop can be rough. But not so rough that a good swimmer could be out there floating even without the BC they give you to wear.

The fish and coral were amazing and not so deep that you can't get down to see a closer view easily. They split the boat up into 2 groups of like 12 with a tour guide that takes everyone out to the drop off and back, the whole time moving the boat along with the groups so it's never too too far away. A group of dolphins came over and circled us for like 20 min. After an hour of so of snorkeling, you get back on the boat and they take you to the island for food, drinks rest and more snorkeling from there if desired in the shallow water.

They had a bathroom house boat docked at the island for us to use with a mens/ladies side that was OK if needed.

• 1 month later...

Archived