Valiant Lady Live in the Med - First Time on Virgin

brazilgirl

16 hours ago, DorothysFriend said:

We will be on the Pursuit and really looking forward to it. My partner is vegan and wanted a smaller ship, so Azamara seemed like the best option. 

We have a captains who eats dairy  I think but no animals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, notscb said:

I wonder if anyone who has cruised virgin more regularly could help us figure that out. It's good to know that there's a lot of music around as something I really enjoy about cruising is finding that quiet spot to relax, read a book and listen to the water.

I just got off the 14-day Valiant transatlantic, and could always find a chill, comfortable, and generally quiet place to read. Those places changed day-to-day and different times of the day depending on the programming of events. Sip, On the Rocks, and Dock House were my best bets in the daytime, occasionally outside the Galley aft. I think there was often some music playing at a low level when those places didn't yet have their bars open, but low enough that it didn't really register. It wasn't at all a full ship, so the ability to find quiet spots may have been easier. 

I also enjoy many of the loud activities on board, and liked that at pretty much any time I could be choosing between finding a reading nook or engaging in games, watching a show, etc. I really do wish that air hockey tables would be taken out of the Social Club though. That noise is really jarring no matter whether it's in a fun boisterous environment or not. I almost left some events because it annoyed me so much. I don't actually ever sing myself, but some folks kept playing air hockey while there was the hosted karaoke just a few feet away, and that seemed incredibly rude to the singers. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, periodic itinerant said:

I really do wish that air hockey tables would be taken out of the Social Club though. That noise is really jarring no matter whether it's in a fun boisterous environment or not. I almost left some events because it annoyed me so much. I don't actually ever sing myself, but some folks kept playing air hockey while there was the hosted karaoke just a few feet away, and that seemed incredibly rude to the singers

Resilient Lady doesn’t have any air hockey tables. As much as I missed playing it, as you say it makes a much better atmosphere without them. Also then the space where the air hockey is on the other ships was used for the hosted karaoke on Resilient.

• Like 1