Disembarkation in Yokohama

Camperuk

Hi everyone,  we disembark Diamond Prncess in Yokohama.  We dock at 6.30am. We have a ships transfer to Haneda Airport. 

Does anyone know approximately what time we will arrive at Haneda? What time will we get off the ship and how long is the transfer. 

Thank you so much in advance 😊😊

Sue

The answer to your question partly depends on what port you left before Yokohama.

Assuming that it was a port in Japan, and assuming that your ship arrives on time, it will probably be cleared by 07:00.

The answer also partly depends on where you bought the transfer; cruise line or independent?

If the cruise line is operating the transfer, they will decide when you and 50 of your best friends will leave the terminal on the bus.

If you have an independent transfer, you will decide when your car or van will pick you up. 

Bus transfers from Osanbashi Terminal at Yokohama to Haneda Airport take about 45 minutes.

Cars and vans take about 30 minutes.

5 hours ago, BruceMuzz said:

The answer to your question partly depends on what port you left before Yokohama.

Assuming that it was a port in Japan, and assuming that your ship arrives on time, it will probably be cleared by 07:00.

The answer also partly depends on where you bought the transfer; cruise line or independent?

If the cruise line is operating the transfer, they will decide when you and 50 of your best friends will leave the terminal on the bus.

If you have an independent transfer, you will decide when your car or van will pick you up. 

Bus transfers from Osanbashi Terminal at Yokohama to Haneda Airport take about 45 minutes.

Cars and vans take about 30 minutes.

Thank you so much ...made me laugh ! Gives me a rough idea, we've got a Princess transfer.  😊

Hi All,

I will be on a cruise disembarking in Osanbashi in a couple of weeks.  I am trying to find the best way to Narita after we get off the ship with luggages and all 😅😅.  I am thinking of taking the coach from YCAT.  Is it quite easy to get a taxi to the bus terminal?  There is 8 in our group.  Is there taxi van at Osanbashi? Our flight is not until 6pm. We want to store our luggage somewhere to tour around town or go to Narita right away and store our luggage at the airport and train back out to Narita city to walk around and get lunch.  I am also looking at possibly a Hiace day hire that will take us to Narita with a tour. We still haven't decided what to do.  Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm disembarking a Princess ship in Yokohama. How much is a plain transfer to Narita? Currently can only see the price for a disembark tour of 4.5 - 5 hours, and am on a waitlist for that, 6 months out. It seems expensive to me (yes, I know, its Japan!) so I'd like to know in comparison.TIA

2 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

I'm disembarking a Princess ship in Yokohama. How much is a plain transfer to Narita? Currently can only see the price for a disembark tour of 4.5 - 5 hours, and am on a waitlist for that, 6 months out. It seems expensive to me (yes, I know, its Japan!) so I'd like to know in comparison.TIA

I disembarked from Celebrity Millennium 4 days ago. I took taxi from Yokohama cruise terminal to YCAT costs 2,100 yen. Luggage carts are available at YCAT taxi stand, the building access ramp is at the right side. YCAT airport bus  to Narita runs every hour, fare is 3,700yen, travel time is < 2 hrs.

https://www.ycat.co.jp/route/narita/ycat2narita/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:09 PM, monkey@cruise said:

I disembarked from Celebrity Millennium 4 days ago. I took taxi from Yokohama cruise terminal to YCAT costs 2,100 yen. Luggage carts are available at YCAT taxi stand, the building access ramp is at the right side. YCAT airport bus  to Narita runs every hour, fare is 3,700yen, travel time is < 2 hrs.

https://www.ycat.co.jp/route/narita/ycat2narita/

Hi Monkey@cruise,

Was it a long wait for taxi when you disembark?  Is there taxi vans at the port or just 4 passenger Taxis?  Do you have to pre-booked your YCAT Narita bus?  Looking forward to your reply.

3 hours ago, frugaltraveller said:

Hi Monkey@cruise,

Was it a long wait for taxi when you disembark?  Is there taxi vans at the port or just 4 passenger Taxis?  Do you have to pre-booked your YCAT Narita bus?  Looking forward to your reply.

I disembarked at 8:50am, the ship was 2/3 empty already. Taxi stand is at left side of the terminal building exit, taxi queue was short - 5 min wait, there was a dispatcher and two port workers assisting passenger luggage load onto taxi. Most taxi are sedan but saw a few large taxi vans.
Be flexible, if the dispatcher cannot get you a taxi van, then settle with 2 sedan taxi. 

Show the taxi driver the following YCAT address,  without lost in translation

YCAT Yokohama City Air Terminal (横浜シティ・エア・ターミナル)
220-0011 Kanagawa, Yokohama, Nishi Ward, Takashima, 2 Chome−19−12, Sky Building, 1階
〒220-0011 神奈川県横浜市西区高島2丁目−19−12 スカイビル1階

Floor map (webpage left side language option: select English) - how to access the bus terminal from taxi stand with luggage cart:

https://www.ycat.co.jp/guide/floormap/?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XPARAM=s,&XCHARSET=UTF-8&XPORG=,&XJSID=0

Everyone is pay as you go. For Narita bus ticket, purchase through ticket counter, the vending machines are for Haneda buses.

Michael

• Thanks 1

BruceMuzz had suggested Narita Express from Yokohama station. Pros and Cons taking bus or train to Narita. Bus is slower and a risk of traffic congestion, Train is quicker and  runs hourly. All Japan stations and platforms had anti-slip titles, a luggage hauling roadblock 😡. Both train and bus offer FREE WiFi. Luggage carts are available in YCAT and Narita Bus stop, moving your luggage is easier.

7 hours ago, monkey@cruise said:

I disembarked at 8:50am, the ship was 2/3 empty already. Taxi stand is at left side of the terminal building exit, taxi queue was short - 5 min wait, there was a dispatcher and two port workers assisting passenger luggage load onto taxi. Most taxi are sedan but saw a few large taxi vans.
Be flexible, if the dispatcher cannot get you a taxi van, then settle with 2 sedan taxi. 

Show the taxi driver the following YCAT address,  without lost in translation

YCAT Yokohama City Air Terminal (横浜シティ・エア・ターミナル)
220-0011 Kanagawa, Yokohama, Nishi Ward, Takashima, 2 Chome−19−12, Sky Building, 1階
〒220-0011 神奈川県横浜市西区高島2丁目−19−12 スカイビル1階

Floor map (webpage left side language option: select English) - how to access the bus terminal from taxi stand with luggage cart:

https://www.ycat.co.jp/guide/floormap/?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XPARAM=s,&XCHARSET=UTF-8&XPORG=,&XJSID=0

Everyone is pay as you go. For Narita bus ticket, purchase through ticket counter, the vending machines are for Haneda buses.

Michael

Thanks Michael for your detailed information 👍  

52 minutes ago, frugaltraveller said:

Thanks Michael for your detailed information 👍  

Janie, you're welcome.

I was on 30th Sept sailing, Using Japan public transportation is not necessary a subpar travel. Under certain conditions, I will use taxi like visiting Kiyomizu-dera temple in Kyoto, because no public transport nearby and temple locates on a steep hill slope. If you plan taking a taxi from Tokyo station to cruise terminal, expecting >17,000 yen on fare, travel time is 40 min if no traffic congestion.

Bon Voyage.

4 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Janie, you're welcome.

I was on 30th Sept sailing, Using Japan public transportation is not necessary a subpar travel. Under certain conditions, I will use taxi like visiting Kiyomizu-dera temple in Kyoto, because no public transport nearby and temple locates on a steep hill slope. If you plan taking a taxi from Tokyo station to cruise terminal, expecting >17,000 yen on fare, travel time is 40 min if no traffic congestion.

Bon Voyage.

Thanks Michael.  I think I will take the train to Osanbashi.  Sounds easy enough! Just curious, was there many taking the bus from YCAT to Narita with it being disembarkation day? The schedule shows a bus every hour or is it kind of continuous?  I thought we may need to pre-book or may miss the bus we want to catch if it's full and have to wait an hour for the next one.

11 hours ago, frugaltraveller said:

Thanks Michael.  I think I will take the train to Osanbashi.  Sounds easy enough! Just curious, was there many taking the bus from YCAT to Narita with it being disembarkation day? The schedule shows a bus every hour or is it kind of continuous?  I thought we may need to pre-book or may miss the bus we want to catch if it's full and have to wait an hour for the next one.

To pre-book :     https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/Top.aspx

image.thumb.png.e804d7d04b0c6db2001affb3fa3da944.png

Select "Narita Airport" and "TO AP", then click the "Select Filter" 

image.thumb.png.c0e7b3e9a679133f121231ef67c4f7a0.png

Click "Select Departure Location"

image.png.f76f7ff88f38c04998fb2376ff206100.png

Click on the down triangle at the end of the "The 23 wards of Tokyo" which will show more location"

and select "Kanagawa Prefecture"

image.png.e2c5dda8957a4388991236f456e47626.png

Click on YCAT and select  "YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal)    Detail"

image.thumb.png.560ac0c4eec6fc48c44f9b52c84db058.png

Select "Narita Airport terminal 1"  in ARR  box.

image.thumb.png.174497849b444ffb1c38b20f93506b45.png

Select the departure date, time and # of passengers. the above screen will appear. Select the time slot which suit you.

image.thumb.png.646f94d04ed704650f0f2815c8ea78cd.png

Select the fare plan and click "CONTINUE"

image.png.aebc9711ab74d47e31ddad9820082725.png

Hit CONTINUE again and  select "RESERVE WITHOUT REGISTERING MEMBER"

image.png.bc87c6f86cc1890b1761d234a543562b.png

Scroll down and select "AGREE" the terms and agreement.

image.thumb.png.fa3744d3639b5dfa3fd91f498e39a250.png

Enter your contact information and make your payment.

Hope that help.

Michael

image.png

image.png

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

To pre-book :     https://webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/Top.aspx

image.thumb.png.e804d7d04b0c6db2001affb3fa3da944.png

Select "Narita Airport" and "TO AP", then click the "Select Filter" 

image.thumb.png.c0e7b3e9a679133f121231ef67c4f7a0.png

Click "Select Departure Location"

image.png.f76f7ff88f38c04998fb2376ff206100.png

Click on the down triangle at the end of the "The 23 wards of Tokyo" which will show more location"

and select "Kanagawa Prefecture"

image.png.e2c5dda8957a4388991236f456e47626.png

Click on YCAT and select  "YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal)    Detail"

image.thumb.png.560ac0c4eec6fc48c44f9b52c84db058.png

Select "Narita Airport terminal 1"  in ARR  box.

image.thumb.png.174497849b444ffb1c38b20f93506b45.png

Select the departure date, time and # of passengers. the above screen will appear. Select the time slot which suit you.

image.thumb.png.646f94d04ed704650f0f2815c8ea78cd.png

Select the fare plan and click "CONTINUE"

image.png.aebc9711ab74d47e31ddad9820082725.png

Hit CONTINUE again and  select "RESERVE WITHOUT REGISTERING MEMBER"

image.png.bc87c6f86cc1890b1761d234a543562b.png

Scroll down and select "AGREE" the terms and agreement.

image.thumb.png.fa3744d3639b5dfa3fd91f498e39a250.png

Enter your contact information and make your payment.

Hope that help.

Michael

image.png

image.png

Thanks again 👍