Two Serenity Questions

tnm6217

T minus 16 days until my first Crystal adventure is underway and I have two small questions that would help me with packing. 

1) Hairdryers. Does anyone know the brand (or relative quality) of the hairdryers in the OV cabins? I only travel with a carry on, so being able to use the provided hairdryer would give me a good amount of extra space.

2) Temperature. How cold are the public spaces onboard Serenity? I am always cold, but I’m trying to decide if I can survive without bringing my heated vest. Any insight would be appreciated, especially from similarly cold natured folks!

20 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

T minus 16 days until my first Crystal adventure is underway and I have two small questions that would help me with packing. 

1) Hairdryers. Does anyone know the brand (or relative quality) of the hairdryers in the OV cabins? I only travel with a carry on, so being able to use the provided hairdryer would give me a good amount of extra space.

2) Temperature. How cold are the public spaces onboard Serenity? I am always cold, but I’m trying to decide if I can survive without bringing my heated vest. Any insight would be appreciated, especially from similarly cold natured folks!

I don't remember the brand of hairdryer, but it was sufficient to dry my hair quickly.  I have shorter hair (to top of neck).  I always wear a light sweater during the day.  However, even though we were in Canada and New England area, I was not particularly cold, and probably would have been OK without the sweater.  I actually like the sweater for the pockets!

Phyllis

Edited by JusttheTwoofUs
spelling
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

There has in the past always been 2 dryers - one useless one mounted in the bathroom  and one pretty good one in the room itself in a drawer. Don't know the brand or even if they still have them. I suggest you contact onboard guest services for the definitive on that.

I'm always freezing in most of the public areas - bring a shawl if you tend to get cold.

Have fun!

• Like 1

On the first two cruises it was very cold in most areas.

As recommended, bring something to wear indoors in case you are cold and not just for the public areas. Depending on where you are sailing, time of day (are you facing the sun) your room could be on the cooler side. Just depends.

Keith

Quick reminder, you can turn the heat on in your cabin .......more importantly,  we are sailing round trip Miami to the Caribbean ~ where  the temps outside should be warmer ! I find that affects the ship especially on deck 7  with people opening and closing the doors to the  promenade deck.   

it will be here before we know it 

• Like 3