MDR Beyond- Gluten Free

eyeeye

Sailing on Beyond with SO. She is Gluten Free. Does anyone know which Dining Room would give her the most flexibility in ordering Gluten Free.

Should we stick to the Cosmopolitan for most GF availability or should we be safe trying the French, Italian and Med Dining rooms.

Contact one of your head waiters / Maitre D' / Food manager in person after you board and complete the muster drill. Explain the limitations and ask their advice for which restaurant to use or whether it matters with special diet menus. They may have, for instance, have designated gluten free options that are not on the printed menus available to all four restaurants. 

I have Celiac Disease, and when we cruise, I always speak to the MatreD once we get on the ship.  He will be able to tell you the way they will handle your situation. 

I prefer to have set dining to get the same waiters for the whole cruise.   If we have any time dining, I  still try to sit with the same wait staff every evening. That way I know that my waiters will know what is going on.  I also get the next evening's menu, and place my order for the next night.

If I am eating in a specialty restaurant, I will go to the restaurant the day before and place my order.  That way, there are no surprises.  I have never been on one of the newer ships that have more than one MDR.  I would guess that if you do decide to eat in different dining rooms, maybe if you give them your cabin # and name, it may be easier for the staff to locate your order from the previous night.  That would be a good question for the Matre D.

The kitchens have a completely separate area for allergy food prep.  That way there isn't any cross-contamination. They really do a good job.  

I hope this helped.  

Yes, exactly what she said we’ve been on 3 ships  since 2019 including an Edge class and they all handled it the same for my wife. See the menu and place order the night before. When we had Blu they would even gather several of the other dining room menus. Whatever you choose will be made in the gluten free kitchen. They are very accommodating. Enjoy!

On 10/21/2023 at 6:43 PM, screwsmcernst said:

I have Celiac Disease, and when we cruise, I always speak to the MatreD once we get on the ship.  He will be able to tell you the way they will handle your situation. 

I prefer to have set dining to get the same waiters for the whole cruise.   If we have any time dining, I  still try to sit with the same wait staff every evening. That way I know that my waiters will know what is going on.  I also get the next evening's menu, and place my order for the next night.

If I am eating in a specialty restaurant, I will go to the restaurant the day before and place my order.  That way, there are no surprises.  I have never been on one of the newer ships that have more than one MDR.  I would guess that if you do decide to eat in different dining rooms, maybe if you give them your cabin # and name, it may be easier for the staff to locate your order from the previous night.  That would be a good question for the Matre D.

The kitchens have a completely separate area for allergy food prep.  That way there isn't any cross-contamination. They really do a good job.  

I hope this helped.  

I have an anaphylactic allergy to shellfish and this is exactly what I would recommend. I would find one team and stick with them. 

• Like 1