Conquest late this morning???

TXRed

It was almost 8AM when she pulled in.

I was wondering, what if the ship is late and you missed your flight? Would have to be alot later than that for us to miss it, but what if you did?

Would Carnival be responsible to compensate you for a missed flight if it was their fault?

that is why i always book a late afternoon flight out. you neve know what might happen to hold you up. i can always find something to do when i get off the ship before going to the airport. or people watching at the gate is fun or checking out the shops in the airport can pass the time :) . of course i have always been one to be early for anything ;) .

The strange thing is that the coast guard is guarding the ships all the time, maybe this has to do something with the late arrival.

They do that with all ships.. We had the coast guard outside out ship when leaving Miami.. docking in St. Thomas.. and on return..

It was just on the 10 o'clock news here in Houston. They stopped to pick up a raft with a dozen people from Cuba on it. They had been floating out there for 2 weeks. I think they picked them up somewhere around Jamaica. Passengers took up a donation for clothes for them. All 12 were kept on a secure place on the ship.

uuggggh

I hate channel 11's website...I just realized they wont let me link to the story...without registoring..Heres channel 13's

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4006488

The thing that KHOU said was there were 29 from ages 3-83.They contacted Cozumel,Grand Cayman and Jamacia,and no one would take them.They were being brought back to Texas,where it would be decided what to do...

trying this again

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou060319_ac_cruiseline.3fae70b3.html

Both stories say they will stay with the ship until they reach Miami. How are they going to get them to Miami from the Conquest? They may be still on there when I go again in August.:rolleyes:

If they touch US soil they become refugee's.

Yes, we picked up refugees on the way to Jamaica, but that is not why we were late.

A passenger had to be evacuated from the ship after leaving Cozumel. She was sent to the ICU in Cancun. That is why we were so late.

Archived