New to Holland Americe just a few questions

mafiadon

My husband and I will be sailing on the Eurodam in December and I was wondering if they had hair dryers in the bathroom and also we both us C-pap machines. I know that on Carnival the plugs are clean across the room so we had to bring a power strip with no surge protector and extension cords can I do this on Holland, or is there plugs by the beds. Thanks for any help

I have never been on Eurodam, nor used a Cpap, so can't answer about electrical outlets.  But, yes there will be a hair dryer.  On Nieuw Amsterdam & Nieuw Statendam, the hair dryer was in the desk drawer along with a 3X magnifying mirror- not in the bathroom.  Any ship I have sailed the hair dryers are located there & are a bit weak-IMO.

• Like 2

I have not been on the Eurodamn but YouTube has some time cabin tours, one of which I've linked here, whgich can give you a good look at they cabin type you're sailing in and might get you your answers about the plug situation.

• Thanks 1

HAL apparently can provide you with the electrical extensions and approved power strips for your CPAP - just let them know ahead of time.Contact ships services.

Hair dryer is great- but also needs a 220 outlet on some ships, which is located near the desk which also has a large wall mirror. No outlets in the bathroom, other than perhaps a small shaver outlet.  It dries the hair very quickly, compared to my own home hair dryer.

Any heating appliances can be very problematic on board a ship, which probably explains why it has the on-off switch over-ride to ensure it never gets left on and unattended. 

• Like 2

My husband uses a cpap, and on first meeting our cabin steward, he requests an extension cord if needed and one is brought promptly.  (I say “if needed” because on some of our cruises there was a plug close enough that he didn’t need one).

P.S. When typing cpap, it wants to auto correct to “crap.” CPap users might get a laugh out of that. 😁

• Haha 4

We just got off the Eurodam 10/28/2023.

Hairdryer: A hand held is provided - ours was in a blue bag inside the desk.

It dried sufficiently & you did NOT have to hold down a button to operate.

It has the normal 3 heating - 2 speed settings.

Electrical Outlets: There are NO plugs near the bed - only 1 USB port on each side of the bed.  There are two Electrical outlets at the desk.  There was an additional 3rd electrical outlet on the Shelf that is over the desk.

The ship can provide you with an extension cord and/or Non-Surge power strip extension cord.

Just ask your Cabin Steward.  He brought us one immediately on day of embarkment.

The extension cord is heavy gauge & they will "duck tape" it to the floor to ensure you don't trip over it.

I'm sure you already know about ordering your Gallon Distilled Water via the Beverage Pkg feature on the Navigator App.

• Like 2