La Paz

roxybaby

18 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

We're going for New Years and plan to do the whale shark trip.  

I did that several years ago and it was the best excursion I have ever done.  I did it with a private vendor rather than the ship's excursion (La Paz VIP tours). Small boat rather than the large ones the cruise uses.  It was me and one other couple.  Very personalized experience and no more expensive than the cruise line.  Would definitely do it again.  Have fun!

On 10/24/2023 at 10:46 AM, roxybaby said:

Going with Carnival. What is there to do? And how do you get to the town?

The first two times we went to La Paz we went into town, once for the whale shark tour.

The last two times we've stayed at the cruise port and gotten a day pass to Club Hotel Cantamar. It is on a nice little beach right in front of the cruise port, nice little pool and restaurant.

• 2 months later...

Attached are the shuttle details for Carnival Cruise's La Paz docking (opposite side of the port from the ferry terminal) - from our cruise last week. This shuttle was from the port into town and it was scenic. Things can change, but hope this helps someone. Shuttle was airconditioned and comfortable.

The "end of the line" is at the bus terminal in La Paz right on the Malecon, corner of Independencia and Paseo Alvaro Obregon. Its a regular bus terminal and can be crowded at times with other bus services so don't just get on the first bus you see. Make sure that it has your cruise line sign in the front window of the bus🙂(although there will be cruise line staff there to check your cruise-card).

The photo of the dock shows the cruise terminal on the left side and the market stalls. They had a wide range of products for sale, and there was even a small taco stand, although we did not each anything there as we had just eaten ice-creams at La Michoacana on the Malecon.

La Paz Transport.jpg

Port and vendor stalls.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1