Horizon Deck 14 Spa Balcony - Noise?

txsmiles

We've booked an 8-night on Carnival Horizon in a Spa Balcony on Deck 14 (cabin #14226).  Any experiences / reviews / thoughts about noise issues from the Serenity Deck directly above this cabin?  Or experiences with this deck / area?  We haven't usually selected this high up or this far forward, but since our first choice (Havana balcony) still isn't available we're hoping that the Spa Balcony will be a good choice.  I'll be traveling with my sister, looking forward to time to relax and enjoy a visit that is just us - no spouses / kids / grandkids on this one!  Really appreciate any experiences you can share - hoping that there isn't too much noise from deck chairs, etc. above us in that area.

5 hours ago, txsmiles said:

We've booked an 8-night on Carnival Horizon in a Spa Balcony on Deck 14 (cabin #14226).  Any experiences / reviews / thoughts about noise issues from the Serenity Deck directly above this cabin?  Or experiences with this deck / area?  We haven't usually selected this high up or this far forward, but since our first choice (Havana balcony) still isn't available we're hoping that the Spa Balcony will be a good choice.  I'll be traveling with my sister, looking forward to time to relax and enjoy a visit that is just us - no spouses / kids / grandkids on this one!  Really appreciate any experiences you can share - hoping that there isn't too much noise from deck chairs, etc. above us in that area.

Hi @txsmiles🙂

I just wanted to point out two things; 14226 is a handicap accessible cabin. Also, 14226 does not have an overhead balcony cover (no roof). Others will be able to give you more input, I just wanted to touch upon those two things. 

💃🍹💃

recently stayed in that cabin on sister ship panorama.

no noise issues from above.

note that only 2 elevators (out of fwd bank of 8 ) go up to this deck level.

there are stairs at the front of the ship, to go down directly into the spa.

balcony can get hot without any covering above.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 6:15 PM, weezal said:

recently stayed in that cabin on sister ship panorama.

no noise issues from above.

note that only 2 elevators (out of fwd bank of 8 ) go up to this deck level.

there are stairs at the front of the ship, to go down directly into the spa.

balcony can get hot without any covering above.

thanks for the feedback!  Hope you had fun on Panorama, we were on that ship in July with our grandsons - and a great trip.

On 10/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @txsmiles🙂

I just wanted to point out two things; 14226 is a handicap accessible cabin. Also, 14226 does not have an overhead balcony cover (no roof). Others will be able to give you more input, I just wanted to touch upon those two things. 

💃🍹💃

Thanks @ObstructedView2 appreciate this information!