Celebrity Shuttle Rome (City) to Civi transfer experiences

blueskadoo

Hi everyone! My spouse is taking his first solo transatlantic cruise soon, and we've done something we don't usually do....we booked the transfer with the cruise line! Since he's by himself, it was financially more sensible to just do the shared thing. He's flying in a day early and staying at the hotel (Crowne Plaza Rome) where the shuttle picks up to keep everything as simple as possible. What I'd like to know is what he should expect and any tips to pass on to him. He used to doing the Caribbean solo but Europe is a different venture for sure! Also, any advice about this hotel? The old reviews seemed great and the newest ones have got me thinking we made a mistake- but its only a night. And we booked the non-refundable so he'll have to make the best of it!

He booked this like 10 days ago, and my head has been swimming since trying to get everything coordinated. 

We stayed at that hotel and used transfers two years in a row before fall transatlantic cruises pre Covid.  The hotel was fine.  Don’t know if it has changed.  The Celebrity transfers were handled well. Celebrity set up a desk in the lobby to check in for the transfer by bus.  There were 2 or 3 buses that left the hotel at different times. They collected our luggage from the room and delivered it to the ship.  One year it went with our bus and another year it went ahead separately by truck.