Silversea air question 2 PRN #s

bobolz

Just a question for those that have traveled with SS w air or even on your own/thru TA. we just received our  booking and our SS  agent booked 2 one ways , so 2 separate PRN#s,both with same Airline . We have always done open jaw  ( I.e 1 PRN) is there anything we should be aware of when it comes time to travel since our outbound ticket will not show us returning to US since the return is on a diff ticket ? We are traveling to Lisbon and returning from London

thanks in advance 

Edited by bobolz

Nothing at all. I buy all our air fares myself and due to the nature of our travel they are virtually all booked as one way fares and I can have several PNRs for our trips. Never a problem. Occasionally a country will require proof of leaving so a copy of all flights on your phone is simple though we always have a printed copy as backup.

3 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Nothing at all. I buy all our air fares myself and due to the nature of our travel they are virtually all booked as one way fares and I can have several PNRs for our trips. Never a problem. Occasionally a country will require proof of leaving so a copy of all flights on your phone is simple though we always have a printed copy as backup.

Thanks so much dr Ron. 

Not an issue at all.  In fact, we often travel with separate locators for each direction AND for each person.  There's nothing that says everyone needs to be on the same reservation.  In fact, for upgrading purposes, it often works better to have separate locators.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Flyer. I figured you would be an expert on this subject. My BIL had mentioned he found it cheaper to do one ways vs round trip or multi-city, I just never found that to be the case when pricing  overseas flights. Maybe it is better with domestic one ways and maybe he uses points as well. 

thanks again! 

1 hour ago, bobolz said:

Thanks Flyer. I figured you would be an expert on this subject. My BIL had mentioned he found it cheaper to do one ways vs round trip or multi-city, I just never found that to be the case when pricing  overseas flights. Maybe it is better with domestic one ways and maybe he uses points as well.

The USA domestic market has pretty much given up on segmenting markets by advance purchase with round-trip.  Especially the "saturday night stay". So there is little benefit in buying a round-trip ticket other than having it all on one reservation/ticket - now you can mix and match airlines and fare types.   OTOH, round-trips or open-jaws are still the most frequent methods for best pricing on intercontinental trips.  There are a few airlines that give attractive one-way fares, but not most.

Award tickets are best bought with one-ways, as that gives you the most flexibility in finding the best pricing.