Starlink on Shadow?

wristband

1 hour ago, wristband said:

I would appreciate a reply from any one regarding Shadow: is Starlink available onboard?

I was told it will be.  But I want to confirm the connection prior to our World Cruise in January. Thanks!

As Randyk47 said, it is operational across the fleet. It became operational on Shadow part way through the last World Cruise.

Edited by turtlemichael
typo
  • Like 1

Though there may be some places where the coverage isn't great.

I had reported before that the internet when using wifi was very patchy. I needed to do a back up of my iPhone. Couldn't really do it onboard when it suggested it would take an hour. On shore hooked up to wifi and done in 2 minutes. related this to the IT person on board who said there is a known problem with IOS devices and Starlink.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255053665

So if you want to do things such as do stuff for your business take a tablet not an iPad.

I have no problems on my windows lap top.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 9:03 PM, drron29 said:

Though there may be some places where the coverage isn't great.

I had reported before that the internet when using wifi was very patchy. I needed to do a back up of my iPhone. Couldn't really do it onboard when it suggested it would take an hour. On shore hooked up to wifi and done in 2 minutes. related this to the IT person on board who said there is a known problem with IOS devices and Starlink.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255053665

So if you want to do things such as do stuff for your business take a tablet not an iPad.

I have no problems on my windows lap top.

Good point about availability.  While there are literally thousands of Starlink satellites up and operational coverage is better in some parts of the world than others.   It literally changes almost weekly as Starlink regularly launches dozens of satellites at a time.   I have heard but don’t know for sure that coverage over the Atlantic has improved substantially from just a few months ago.