Just Back Enchantment 3/13 -3/18

Just back from Enchantment to Western Carib.. went down a day early and stayed in Ft Lauderdale at Holiday Inn Express.. it was nice. Next day

we were able to get on ship by 11:45 AM but could not get into room until 1:00pm .. Went to Windjammer to eat, food very good...

Key West.. took the Conch Train ride around town $25 per person... lasted about 90 minutes we were only in key west from 7 -2:00pm... it was a good way to get the feel for the area... I wished we had more time there... it would be good place for ships to depart from as many people would most likely go down to key west for a couple of days before or after cruise.

In Cozumel we asked taxi driver to take us to Palm Beach Club.. he said it was not opened and wanted to take us to Paradise Beach where we have been previously.. By the time we got there it was very crowded... however were able to get lounge chairs and umbrellas... Water was very murky with alot of rocks.. don't know whether they were the result of the hurricane, but I don't remember it being that bad... very difficult to get in and out of water....

Needed tender to get to Cozumel pier is not repaired as yet.. captain said that he was told it would be repaired in three weeks... but from the looks of it... I can't imagine it will be.

Tendered again to Belize City.. got off and walked around did a little shopping.

Took no tours this trip, it was very relaxing and the weather was perfect. It was a nice 5 day trip.

We are considering booking Enchantment for 4-6-06. Just a tune-up for our June 25 Freedom Cruise. You review was helpfull. I'm hoping that they do in fact have the pier fixed in Cozumel just to make things simpler.

Do you have any links to pictures of the ship? We would appreciate any if you have them. Thanks and happy cruising.

We were on Legend and you were in Belize and Cozumel with us :) The extension on ship looks great!!! You DID have a pretty wild bunch of college spring breakers on your ship though...whoo.

I agree about Paradise Beach. Felt like I was swimming in a murky lake rather than the ocean. I am SO GLAD I brough my water shoes!!!!!!! Would have been cut up otherwise! We loved the beach though, and great food!

Hey Catherine my family and I cruised the same time you did and we also had a great time. A little cold in Ft Lauderdale though. The ship and trip was wonderful. We went sight seeing in Cozumel and took the trolley in Key West. And went on the jungle excursions in Belize. I was looking at your pictures and noticed my nephew and his girlfriend were in one of them, you were on top taking a picture down below in the centrum.

Your pictures are wonderful!! My husband and I will be on the Enchantment in just about 2 weeks. We sailed on it just 2 years ago, before the stretch and can't wait to see the ship again. I am looking forward to Latti-tudes! Thanks for the great pictures.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived