Voyager Review 3/11-3/18

We just got back from the Voyager W. Caribbean and we had a great time. There were seven of us, my husband and I and five boys, 16, 16, 14, 14, and 8. We stayed in two connecting GS.

We flew in the morning on Saturday because the older two couldn't miss school on Friday and also used RCCL for air, because it was so much cheaper than booking ourselves. We got on the ship about 1:30 and everything went smoothly.

Labadee was very fun. The kids did the aqua park, and my DH and the older two did the waverunners which they thought was great. My DH and I had a couples massage on the beach.

Ocho Rios-We used Orville Taylor for the day and although he was a little late he was very nice. He took us to Dunns River Falls, a restaurant to eat, through Fern Gully and then shopping.

Grand Cayman-We used Capt. Marvin's for the Stingray City and snorkel tour and they were great!. We had his grandsons as our guides. Even Capt. Marvin was out there and he is 88!

Cozumel-We went shopping for a while and then to Playa de Mia. I would have to say that if we had to pick a least favorite day, this would be it. We would have liked to gone snorkeling but was told it isn't very good due to the hurricane. It was sad to see all the damage.

The ship was very pretty and did not seem to be as old as she is. Our dining room server was Sandra from Trinidad and Tobago and she was great. Our table had four adults and seven kids and she was fantastic with them. They all loved her. Our assistant waiter was Kirk and he was okay.

Our suite attendant was Leonardo Brooks from Costa Rica. He was wonderful and always did what we asked of him. He was great with the boys and it never seemed to bother him to have to clean up after them. The four older were in the adjoining suite and they were very messy.

There were many kids on the ship, but it never seemed to be a problem. Our eight year old would go to the Adventure club at night after dinner and always had a good time, but we were always busy during the day so he didn't go.

The only negative thing I would have to say is that the first night was smart casual and I found this odd, since alot of people (including us) did not have our luggage by dinner time and could not dress appropriately.

Overall, we had a wonderful time and would definitely sail the Voyager again.

Archived