Cabin Air Freshener?

Hi Everyone,

I Would Like To Take Some Type Of Air Freshener For The Cabin. I Read On A Post about A Fragrant Jar . You Just Open It And It Kept Her Cabin Smelling Great All Week. But Can't Find That Post. Anyone Else Take Anything?;)

This is an absolute MUST for any cruise bathroom. I always take either OUST air santizer or Bath and Body Works French Vanilla scent AND a Renuzit Air Freshener that you open up and place in bathroom. The bathrooms can get really stinky it doesnt take much to smell up cabin if you dont have air freshener. They are not big cabins. The jars are great, but most are made of glass, so just take Renuzit (plastic) instead and a spray. You wont be disappointed you did, trust me :)

I parked a Renuzit Air Freshener under my bathroom sink and it was perfect. Since the cabins are so compact, I prefer the neutralizer scent (or fresh) rather than florals or fruity. Those can get a bit overwhelming after a day or so.

The Bath and Body Works concentrated fragrance sprays are nice, but again, can be a bit overwhelming in confined areas. A little goes a loooong way.

Also "Glade Glass Scents", a very thin 3" square container, which comes in a sturdy pkg. which should make it through unscathed in your checked bags. I found a "twofer" coupon in March 12's paper and got one called "Clean Linen" and one "Nectar Blossoms". Claims to last 30 days and would look good anywhere in the stateroom. There is a tester-panel on the pkg. to help decide which scent is for you!

We also used the Yankee Car jar to hang in the cabin. We had used Pineapple Paradise and when I smell that now it takes me right back to our cruise!

Where can I get a yankee car jar? I'd like to try one. For the cruise and my car.

Go to a Yankee Candle store. Usually in a mall. I use the car hangers in my car too, and they really last awhile. Make sure you hang it away from your dash board or any plastic part in your car! I didn't want to hang mine from the mirror so I laid it back on my dash board where the heat/cool comes out and it caused a large area around the dash to bubble up real bad. It has something to do with the chemicals in it. Needless to say, my hubby was not happy about it. Make sure you hang it.

Where can I get a yankee car jar? I'd like to try one. For the cruise and my car.

I have always been able to find these at Linens and Things or Bed Bath and Beyond stores. Cracker Barrel has them, too. They come in your favorite Yankee Candle scents, but I have found when I hang them in my car, they

don't keep their scent very long. Maybe it's this lovely Florida heat.....LOL

In our area Hallmark stores carru Yankee Candle Jar hanging air freshener and Meijer and Super Walmart carry Citrus Magic.

Good Luck.

Of course if, like me, you think your *&%! doesn't stink, there isn't a problem. :-)

Hey Natish3000,

Where in Northern Kentucky? Villa Hills here!

Explorer 3/26/2006:)

We have a Glade scented oil plug-in that has an automatic night light and 2 extra plug-in outlets on it. Killing 3 birds with one air freshener.LOL

We did the same (Glade scented oil plug in/night light) and it worked great! It wasn't overpowering and it gave us an additional 2 plugs!

The Container Store sells sprays for your sheets. I use Blue Water and it makes the bath and cabin very pleasant. The smell is CLEAN rather than an identifiable smell. My daughter and I are very sensitive to scents--trigger migraines--and these don't bother us at all. Just as an example--most soap, perfuime and candles will make us ill. I pretty much live in a scentless world!!

Archived