Is zip lining scary?

20YearsBetweenCruises

The good news here is that the ziplining is very safe. While on the platform you are secured to a rope so you can't fall off. While making the actual trek between stations you are doubly hooked. You just "sit back" in your harness and gravity takes over. Watch the person waiting to catch you and they will tell you when to hit the brakes, which is applying pressure to the top cable.

Not scary at all... my DW is afraid of heights but does enjoy adventure and we whizzed through.

My family and I (6 of us) did the tour with nacho and cynthia in feb. I, too, am not crazy about heights - I get butterflies in my stomach even when going to look out a high window from INSIDE a building. Anyway, I was a bit nervous about the whole thing but never once did I feel unsafe that the cable (there are 2 of them) wouldn't hold, etc... My solution to it was to go first in our group (right after the guide). That way, I wouldn't be standing on the platform letting my fear fester. After doing the first line, which is relatively short and not as high, I was fine. It became just an adrenaline rush, not a fear anymore. That is, until the third line. This one was the highest (maybe 85 feet up?). I found that standing on the platform and waiting on this one was the scariest part, even though you are tethered to a tree and cannot fall out. Then you have to climb up 3 steps or so before you zip. My legs were actually shaking on this one. However, it was INCREDIBLE. This was one of the most exciting things I've ever done and would absolutely do it again. By the way, my 8 yo daughter and 11 yo son did it too. I was more afraid than they were!

We did Ziplinning at Jungle Breeze, and it was great. I always felt safe and secure. They were very professional and gave good instructions. Our whole family went, and everyone enjoyed themselves. I was never scared of the heights, and enjoyed looking at the birds and plants. Have a good time

Would you think that overweight or people with back problems should do this? What company would you recommend going with?

I am overweight with a bad back and I am hoping to do the combo tour in early Arpil with Nacho and Cynthia. They said they will carry my tube if I need them to, and would help me if needed. I have heard good things about all the company's, but Nacho and Cynthia do not require a deposit up front, you just pay cash when you get there.

Liza555

Mrs.gump,

I booked with NAcho and Cynthia for this upcoming December. 12 family members in all. I too will probably be petrified and Nacho assured me I would not chicken out. Thanks for your feed back on this trip.

I am overweight with a bad back and I am hoping to do the combo tour in early Arpil with Nacho and Cynthia. They said they will carry my tube if I need them to, and would help me if needed. I have heard good things about all the company's, but Nacho and Cynthia do not require a deposit up front, you just pay cash when you get there.

I am overweight also. There is a weight limit but I'm not sure what the limit is. I weight about 200lbs. and I was fine. I'm not qualified to make a judgement on your back problems but I did not find it to be jarring or hard on the back at all.

We used Nacho and Cynthia this past week and had a great time. Nacho was very nice and gave us a quick island tour and lots of Belize info in the van on the way to the resort.

Sher

And for the poor British woman whom I scared to death, I am truely sorry. The look of sheer terror in her large brown eyes when I jumped up and down on the platform 30 feet up in the air. And her screaming out "STOP IT". And my wife saying "I would deserve it if she slapped me."

Of course, she screamed again when I told her to "Watch out" as she came off the ground platform and turned and you are staring facelevel at a large grotesque termite nest in the tree which look more like a hornet's nest.

Dave

Archived