Regent Private Transfer in Venice

mrlevin

Lyn..interesting. Does Trieste have an actual port area which you can access

independently? We sailed R out of Venice in August but we had to check in 

at the old terminal and then be transported by bus to Fusina. We were warned not to

proceed independently to this commercial port. Trieste must be a more favorable

option as Fusina made the embarkation quite annoying.

• Like 1

From whay I saw it was completely accessible. The busses pulled directly in front of the terminal. We had been to Venice several times so would have liked to have tried to go directly into Trieste, I do remember several people on our ship who said that is what they did. They stayed in Trieste and did private transfers. This was 18 months ago so not sure if you can still do that, but I would be checking into it.

Since I didn’t get an answer to my specific question, I will provide my exact experience in case someone searches in the future. 

At exactly 11am, the prescribed time, a water taxi along with a representative from the ground operator arrived at our hotel. We and our bags were quickly shuttled via water taxi to a parking area near the cruise terminal.  The ground operator then walked us over to our driver who loaded our bags into a nice van. A little less than two hours later we and our bags arrived at our Trieste hotel.  Extremely easy and stress free. 

I may have missed the point of this discussion but Fusina and Trieste are a great distance from each other.  In the old days the ship would dock in downtown Venice, this has been prohibited by the city.  Fusina is near the city in the industrial port area.  Trieste is another city several hours away by bus or car.  When downtown Venice was not permitted the cruise ships went to several other ports which required transportation to get you to Venice.  I believe that the problems listed with boarding at Fusina were originally worse and that was the reason for the cruise ships to go to Trieste.