Carnival Vegan Menu Review w Pictures

HangryGrl

On 11/18/2023 at 11:50 PM, momof3cruisers said:

That seems like a lot of great options. I’m not a vegan or even vegetarian but I think it’s really cool that Carnival is doing this. Do other lines offer similar vegan options?

Royal now has a vegan option for app, entrée and dessert on the MDR menu every night now also.  It is nice to have some choice though vs just one option.  We cruised on Celebrity last December and they just "surprised" us each night.  It was ok but this experience was better.  Also the buffet options on pretty much every ship we have been on have not been stellar so we really appreciate the additional lunch options Carnival offers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markwfpb said:

Thanks for all the details and pics - Carnival has never been on my radar but we'll definitely consider it now. 

We've had mixed results with vegan meals on NCL and Holland America after talking to the maitre D and servers. Lots of pasta, fake beef and cobbling together salads and sides - you know the story. 

What determines when Carnival offers the vegan menu - meal time, sea days vs port days or something else?

Thanks again! 

So we think that they probably only have 7 nights of the vegan menu and because our cruise was 15 we only had the option some nights.  Not 100% sure on that though.  Our servers did not seem to know why either.  We would have been fine just doing the rotation twice if this was the case.  We know the whole thing is still super new and getting rolled out so we were not too surprised it didn't go completely smoothly.  It was a mix of sea and port days.  The vegan breakfast menu was available every day but it varied between the Port Day menu, Sea Day non brunch menu and Sea Day Brunch menu.  1st 2 had fewer options which I am guessing follows the standard menu.

Edited by HangryGrl

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 11:33 AM, mayja0619 said:

You said something about ordering the vegan breakfast the night before. How and where do you do this?

You order it from your dinner waiter at the same time you order your dinner for the following evening.  If you don't go to dinner I think you could probably go into the dining room during dinner service and ask the Maitre'd if you could order with them.  When you go to breakfast in the morning you just need to let your waiter know that you pre-ordered breakfast the night before and your cabin #.  Try to grab them when you order drinks because it does take a little more time than the normal breakfast.