Decision Made

Smitheroo

I am done with Trip Insurance  Not jumping through the hoops.  This "able to travel" was the final "straw".   As a single traveler who makes modest choices (inside cabin etc), not flying to the other side of the world to meet my cruise ship, my risk is not high.  I have two cruises coming up in January and April and for these I will have GeoBlue Voyager Choice for rmedical expenses. (medical is necessary)  I will also put $200 for each cruise  in an account to "self insure" for the future.    After these two cruises are done I plan to re-assess the situation.  I have learned from this forum that the proper order  is 1) get the letter from your doctor if you want a pre-existing condition waiver  then 2) book the cruise and 3) buy insurance, the last two within the time sensitive period for a pre-existing condition waiver.   If I were a family, going on expensive cruises with expensive flights and hotels it would be a much different scenario.  That isnt my travel style.    I'm not ruling out the complete package (trip cancellation plus medical) for future trips but for the next two I am just going with medical coverage.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smitheroo said:

I am done with Trip Insurance  Not jumping through the hoops.  This "able to travel" was the final "straw".   As a single traveler who makes modest choices (inside cabin etc), not flying to the other side of the world to meet my cruise ship, my risk is not high.  I have two cruises coming up in January and April and for these I will have GeoBlue Voyager Choice for rmedical expenses. (medical is necessary)  I will also put $200 for each cruise  in an account to "self insure" for the future.    After these two cruises are done I plan to re-assess the situation.  I have learned from this forum that the proper order  is 1) get the letter from your doctor if you want a pre-existing condition waiver  then 2) book the cruise and 3) buy insurance, the last two within the time sensitive period for a pre-existing condition waiver.   If I were a family, going on expensive cruises with expensive flights and hotels it would be a much different scenario.  That isnt my travel style.    I'm not ruling out the complete package (trip cancellation plus medical) for future trips but for the next two I am just going with medical coverage.   

I wish everyone the best making a choice that works for them