Las Caletas Cancelled

seagunthera

Just got word that due to the recent storms, our excursion to Las Caletas would be replaced with the Majahuitas excursion. They are not comparable in my opinion but would like to hear from others! Am I missing something? Any other suggestions more along the lines of a nice beach day? TIA!

@seagunthera did you book through Princess? I notice they added a disclaimer about the potential for a reroute to Majahuitas on the excursion page. 

We booked direct with Vallarta Adventures because it is so much less then what Princess charges. They are the actual vendor and they have not notified me of any changes. I checked the TripAdvisor reviews and it does appear that they were rerouting a few weeks ago after the hurricane, but more recent reviews from this month indicate people are going to Las Caletas. So it may be that it was just a temporary diversion. I’m hopeful that we will still be able to go as planned. I’m going to reach out to them to confirm. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

UPDATE: I called and spoke directly with Vallarta Adventures this morning and Las Caletas is already reopened and operating as normal and will be totally fine for our Jan 3 excursion. Yay!

Thank you for checking! So a few weeks ago I received an email reading "emergency notification" stating that my Las Caletas excursion was going to be switched to Majahuitas due to "no sand due to the recent hurricane" at Las Caletas. I just cancelled my shore excursion through Princess and purchased through Vallarta Adventures. I saved some cash thanks to you so I owe you a few drinks;-)! 

Question: you selected Puerto Vallarta and not Vallarta Nuevo as the pick-up point, correct? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seagunthera said:

Thank you for checking! So a few weeks ago I received an email reading "emergency notification" stating that my Las Caletas excursion was going to be switched to Majahuitas due to "no sand due to the recent hurricane" at Las Caletas. I just cancelled my shore excursion through Princess and purchased through Vallarta Adventures. I saved some cash thanks to you so I owe you a few drinks;-)! 

Question: you selected Puerto Vallarta and not Vallarta Nuevo as the pick-up point, correct? 

So glad you saved some money by booking direct. It’s criminal that Princess hikes up the price so much. Highway robbery!

And yes, I selected Puerto Vallarta. The excursion boards right near where we dock. Looking forward to a fun day there - we can toast with a margarita!