Celebration Dinning and Drink Menus

pajazz28

Going on Celebration on January 21-28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. This will be our 15th cruise 6 Carnival, 5 Royal & 3 NCL. MDR meals have always been a highlight for my DW and I. Our last 2 cruise have been on NCL and the food in the dinning was horrible. On both of those cruise we ate either at a specilaity resturants back when you could get several resturants in a cheaper package which does not seem to be offered anymore. Last cruise we ate the last three nights at the buffet which was hit or miss.  So I booked Celebration becuase of all the free dinning ( Guy's burgers, Guy's BBQ, Skaq Chicken, Blue Iguana, Capitan Cuchina, Chibang. Pizza etc.). Now I saw on the board that Capitan Cuchina is only free the frist night, any night after there is a charge? We love cruising but honestly if the MDR is this bad and they keep changing what is free it may not be worth it anymore for us. All that being said we were palnning on going all out and even though we are not big drinkers we were going to get the CHEER Package (we will probably have around 6 drinks a day) but we like being able to try different drinks we have never tried before, we booked chefs table, we were not going to book any other speciality except maybe try Emerald and Bonsai which are not to expensive. Here are my questions:

1. Cheer package- what is counted in the 15 drinks? just alochol drinks or also coffee, soda, water etc. 

2. Does anyone have recent picture of drink menu from the some of the bars?

3. Should we not get the Cheers package and book a specility resturant for dinner every night? 

4. Review of other speciality resturants onboard like steak house, seafood resturant etc. ?

5. How was the cooking classes onboard?

6. Any other advice? 

9 hours ago, pajazz28 said:

1. Cheer package- what is counted in the 15 drinks? just alochol drinks or also coffee, soda, water etc. 

2. Does anyone have recent picture of drink menu from the some of the bars?

3. Should we not get the Cheers package and book a specility resturant for dinner every night? 

4. Review of other speciality resturants onboard like steak house, seafood resturant etc. ?

5. How was the cooking classes onboard?

6. Any other advice? 

1. Just alcohol drinks count for youe 15 drink limit; water, coffee, soda etc is unlimited.

2. No, but I’ll be on Celebration next week. Follow my LIVE and I’ll get those drink menus from you; I’m sure other people already have posted them.

3. This is a personal decision; I don’t drink much, so I don’t think I can weigh that for you. 

4. Haven’t been on Celebration yet; loved Rudi’s on Mardi Gras, as well as Teppanyaki. Haven’t done a Carnival steak house in awhile. 

5. I’ll be taking the South American cooking class next week and will report on my LIVE thread

6.  I’ll tell you next week! Should be a fantastic ship for a 25th Anniversary celebration!

On the Celebration you can go to the MDR free of course but also one visit to each of Cucina and ChiBang.  Not just the first night but one visit per cruise free.  If you decide to go to Cucina or ChiBang a 2nd or additional time then it's $8 pp.  We really enjoy Bonsai Teppanyaki for the food and the show so we always book it in advance because it does sell out. 

10 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

1. Just alcohol drinks count for youe 15 drink limit; water, coffee, soda etc is unlimited.

2. No, but I’ll be on Celebration next week. Follow my LIVE and I’ll get those drink menus from you; I’m sure other people already have posted them.

3. This is a personal decision; I don’t drink much, so I don’t think I can weigh that for you. 

4. Haven’t been on Celebration yet; loved Rudi’s on Mardi Gras, as well as Teppanyaki. Haven’t done a Carnival steak house in awhile. 

5. I’ll be taking the South American cooking class next week and will report on my LIVE thread

6.  I’ll tell you next week! Should be a fantastic ship for a 25th Anniversary celebration!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions. Have an amazing crusie next week. lookinf forward to your live report. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mistycruiser said:

On the Celebration you can go to the MDR free of course but also one visit to each of Cucina and ChiBang.  Not just the first night but one visit per cruise free.  If you decide to go to Cucina or ChiBang a 2nd or additional time then it's $8 pp.  We really enjoy Bonsai Teppanyaki for the food and the show so we always book it in advance because it does sell out. 

Thank you.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:39 PM, TravelBluebird said:

We just got off the Celebration, and although she is a new and fantastic build, she was a let down.

The MDR is so badly managed - I think the Suits need to get the Maitre D's together, and talk about QUALITY.  Everything - and I mean everything - I ordered was overcooked and had been sitting under a heat lamp for quite some time.  Even the salads were warm.  The only thing melting on their chocolate melting cake was the ice cream.  It was horrific.

It seems to me that they are trying too hard to diversify the dining - making all the extra dining options - at the MDR expense.  So that may work for some - I have friends that love the options and NEVER go to MDR except lobster night.  But I have to choose where to eat and what to eat when I'm home - when I'm on vacation, the biggest decision I would like to have to make - shaken, or stirred?

Teppanyaki was worth the upcharge - great show.  Book now.  It was full.  ChiBang - We had mostly Chinese, and it wasn't bad. Shaq chicken is very good (have the chicken fingers and ask them to dip them in their honey sauce!) and Guys burgers are good.  BBQ is ok - nothing to write home about.  You can always get a burrito at Blue Iguana, and the deli does a pretty good job with their offerings.

Congrats on your anniversary - our 25th is also next year.  However, after last week, we are going to look elsewhere.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I thought that on the Celebration that both Chibang and Cucina were free for dinner as many days as you would like if you have Any Time Dining? I know that on Mardi Gras there is a fee after one visit, however I did not realize that it was changed for Celebration also?

On 11/24/2023 at 1:26 PM, illinoisfive said:

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I thought that on the Celebration that both Chibang and Cucina were free for dinner as many days as you would like if you have Any Time Dining? I know that on Mardi Gras there is a fee after one visit, however I did not realize that it was changed for Celebration also?

I was on the Celebration last week and had anytime dining.  There is a fee for both Chibang and Cucina after 1 visit.