Pre-Cruise Stay - Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Centric Las Olas, Riverside Hotel or Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

2cruzers

We will be staying one night pre-cruise and considering Hyatt Centric, Riverside and Crown Plaza. This will be for a New Years cruise. Hyatt looks really nice, Riverside looks older, and Crown Plaza looks ok. What would you recommend? We are ok with all 3 as far as prices.

Thanks!!!!

15 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Riverside is on Las Olas Blvd with lots of places to eat right out the door.  Hyatt Centric is a few blocks away.  Crowne Plaza has nothing close by.  Stay at the Riverside most of the time when Fort Lauderdale.  Have not stayed at either of the other two.

15 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

Riverside is on Las Olas Blvd with lots of places to eat right out the door.  Hyatt Centric is a few blocks away.  Crowne Plaza has nothing close by.  Stay at the Riverside most of the time when Fort Lauderdale.  Have not stayed at either of the other two.

Thank you, I like the idea of the nearby restaurants. 

We have stayed at both the Hyatt Centric and Riverside, but not the Crowne Plaza. The Hyatt and Riverside are located in the same area with lots of restaurants and activities (near the on-off boats). The Hyatt is a newer property very clean and modern but a little sterile for my tastes. The Riverside is an older hotel with small, clean but, comfortable rooms.  I believe that some of the hotel has been refurbished.  The only thing to be aware of is that the hotel is located a few miles past the port if you are traveling from the airport. Either way, I would definitely stay at both hotels again.

8 hours ago, marwein11 said:

We have stayed at both the Hyatt Centric and Riverside, but not the Crowne Plaza. The Hyatt and Riverside are located in the same area with lots of restaurants and activities (near the on-off boats). The Hyatt is a newer property very clean and modern but a little sterile for my tastes. The Riverside is an older hotel with small, clean but, comfortable rooms.  I believe that some of the hotel has been refurbished.  The only thing to be aware of is that the hotel is located a few miles past the port if you are traveling from the airport. Either way, I would definitely stay at both hotels again.

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

We decided on the Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port in Dania Beach.  Has anyone stayed there or familiar with the area? We received a great rate and will plan to Uber or Taxi to the port.  We are not playing to explore and just need a restaurant within walking distance.

Thanks in advance for any information.