New Year's on Sovereign

We are planning to book New Year's on Sovereign but I have some questions. Do they host a great big New Year's Eve party? Is dress for that formal??? Can you tell me anything else I should know about sailing over New Year's Eve? What is Johnny Rockets? Thanks for your help.

The biggest party is held on the pool deck (weather permitting). This past New Year's eve they had a buffet by the pool and a band set up by the upper pool bar. The ship stays a few miles off of Nassau so you can see the fireworks the various resorts on the island set off. For those that want to stay inside, I heard that the party in the Boleros Lounge was quite lively.

Dress that night for dinner was formal but a lot of people changed into more casual clothes after dinner. It looked to be about 50/50 during the New Year's celebrations.

Johnny Rockets is a burger chain in the style of '50's dinners. Several RCI ships now have them on board. The food is all you can eat but there is a per person service charge ($3.95, I think), and drinks are extra.

Archived