MSC Splendida experiences

magnus1977

To you thats on the Splendida now or just have been. I would have appreciate it very much if you could share some true information regard the ship overall, the cabins, the food and facilities for kids. I am interested in both experiences from the «ordinary» Splendida cruise, but the yacht club as well at this ship. 

Me and my family are consdering a 5 nights cruise out of Durban in February onboard the Splendida, but are a bit biased from all the mixed reviews/comments of this ship. We have sailed MSC before, but on the bigger and newer Meraviglia and Seashore.

If you go to the top of the MSC page in the upper left you will see Find your MSC roll call.  Just below that in smaller print is See posts about: and Select ship with a down arrow.  Click on Select ship and you get a dropdown menu of the MSC ships.  Click on Splendida and you will get a page of threads about Splendida.  EM

We have not sailed on the Meriviglia-class or Seaside-class. But were in YC aboard the MSC Spendida  in October 2022 sailing to Sicily and the heel of Italy. This year we have booked YC again on the MSC Spendida for October 2024 to Italy, Greece, and Turkey. That was while on a 10 night cruise in "Fantastica Experience" on the sister ship, MSC Preziosa. The Fantasia-class are the right size for us while in YC. Having the YC restaurant at the rear of the ship doesn't bother us as we like walking after eating. It is easier to use Deck 13 instead of Deck 7 like the butler originally showed us with less crowding. Of course if the weather is nice just walk across on Deck 15. The food in the YC restaurant was without flaw.

If you can afford it, YC is very nice. However sailing on the Preziosa in "Fantastica" was almost as nice, just more crowded. There were three of us sailing in connecting rooms that we paid for so cost were double. I would do either experience without a problem.