Extra person joining the cruise

jimmyvh

I booked a solo cabin for a northern cruise in february a few months ago, because my wife will be going abroad for a month. I told my mother about this and invited her along back then, but she wasn't interested.
With the black friday deals she changed her mind and just let me know that she booked a room with a balcony for herself. She doesn't want to share rooms, so her booking apart isn't a problem for me.
Since we do plan to eat and do activities together: Will this be an issue since we each have our own booking? Is there anything special we should do, or can we just arrive together at the MDR as long as we have the same dinner time?

Tables are assigned in advance for passengers on Bella and Fantasia bookings, so you cannot just turn up at the dining room together.   If you have booked Aurea or Yacht Club then you can just turn up together.

When you complete the web check.in you can enter other bookings that you would like to be assigned to the same dining table.   Alternatively when you board you can go to the restaurant and check with the maître de restaurant if it is possible to change your seating to be together. 

I once had a cruise booked that my sister booked onto with a friend. 2 seperate bookings, 2 seperate rooms.

We had expect to need to go to the dining room to change our tables to a joint table, only to find at check in that MSC had already put us together. (we could tell from our cruise cards). I could only assume that they recognised our same surname and were proactive about the situation.