Edge Magic Carpet Sky Suite w/"connecting" interior - young children dine in Luminae?

sanchoucsb

I've searched a lot for the answer to this question but I can't quite find this exact scenario discussed.

My wife and I looking to book a Magic Carpet Sky Suite on Edge along with the "connecting" interior room - it shares an alcove but isn't directly connected. We would be with our two young children - ages 7 and 10.

Will we have any trouble going to Luminae as a family? I see a number of posts stating that adults booked in the connecting interior room don't have access to the retreat and have to pay extra for Luminae but the Celebrity phone agent assures me that this isn't the case when two young children are booked in the interior room. Does anyone have any experience with this? Even better, is there anything in writing on Celebrity's website that addresses this so we don't have to rely on the representation of a phone agent?

Thanks!

I cannot comment specifically as to children - but if you had booked the adjoining room for adults - the adults would have to pay.  maybe there is an exception for children?  From experience booking a suite + the adjoining cabin (aft sky suite + adjoining cabin also in an alcove but not adjoining) - the adjoining room had to pay, and could not go into retreat areas, only dining in Luminae.  This was with an adult.  So again, not sure if there is a difference if it is children.

1 hour ago, Shiba_Lover said:

I cannot comment specifically as to children - but if you had booked the adjoining room for adults - the adults would have to pay.  maybe there is an exception for children?  From experience booking a suite + the adjoining cabin (aft sky suite + adjoining cabin also in an alcove but not adjoining) - the adjoining room had to pay, and could not go into retreat areas, only dining in Luminae.  This was with an adult.  So again, not sure if there is a difference if it is children.

Thank you. What I found online says the same but the phone agent stated that children are treated differently when booked on the same reservation, under 12 years old, and booked in an adjoining room. Logically this makes sense but unfortunately, I can’t seem to find it written down anywhere. 

17 hours ago, sanchoucsb said:

Thank you. What I found online says the same but the phone agent stated that children are treated differently when booked on the same reservation, under 12 years old, and booked in an adjoining room. Logically this makes sense but unfortunately, I can’t seem to find it written down anywhere. 

You can always ask them to send it to you in writing so you have it