4/23 Carnival Valor (tips, inside info, come in!)

Crusintogether

Hello Everyone!

We are a group of 10, majority of the group this will be their first cruise, sailing on the Valor April 23, and looking for any advice or recommendations past guests may have.

Another question I had in particular, if your cabin was located across the hall from the elevators, would you request to be moved? We are a little concerned about noise. etc.

Last, what are the best excursions??? Eastern caribbean?? Both booked through carnival and maybe those you discovered on your own?

Thank you for all the interesting reviews and tidbits you have shared, they have been very interesting and entertaining.

Sincerely-Amanda aka crusintogether

Hi Amanda,

ToniH here--and are we are a group of 8 sailing on 4/23. Hubby and I are on the 7th deck, back of the boat in room 7434--which is the L shapped cabin. One of the other couples sailing with us are in the 9A next door, so we just open up the balcony divider and have one big party. Can't wait since we had this cabin on the Destiny 2 years ago. We are not next to the elevators but we are next to stairs which are suppose to be for crew only and there is very little noise from our past experience. However we used them to go up to the Lido deck which was great and we are planning on using them again.

I am also looking for excursions for the Eastern route. We love doing the party boats but the only one I found was for Nassau and we are really not to keen on doing one at 9 am in the morning. We are only there til 2 PM and the party boat is from 9 til noon. We thought we would just go to Atlantis, look around and maybe do a little shopping. We might end it with a drink at Senor Frogs. Any other suggestions for party boat cruises in St Thomas or St Maarten?

Thanks for any suggestions

Thanks

We are all so excited! I think all of our rooms are on the Lido deck, which is 6, is that right? Since we have never been on a cruise we have no idea what to look for as far as cabins go. We did get a balcony room as well, other that that we are clueless!! Any advice?? Senor frogs, oh boy!.... what a crazy place! DH and i were thinking about the Dolphin encounter, and the Divi beach resort excursion, but we still aren't sure...... In the past we have gone to all-inclusive resort type vacations, so we are completely new to this. I am sure time will fly, and we'll all be relaxing onboard soon!

-Amanda

I am hosting a group in December aboard the Valor; we have a ton of information about the Valor at our group forum that you are welcome to check out. Please go first to our Visitor Posting so you know the rules. Simply click on the group forum hyperlink in my signature and that will take you there. I would recommend you do a forum search to make finding the information you are looking for a little easier.

We have ship reviews, port of call information (Western Itinerary) and other stuff I know you will find helpful. As we are a scuba themed cruise, there's also a lot of information that will probably not interest you. But we welcome visitors.

Good luck.

Archived