"Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB), ham radios, satellite phones" not allowed > new iPhones have satellite

nudistcruzer

20 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

No, they do not.  Not sure how many times I can say this.  Not sure where you got this information.  No charger, for anything, whether cell phone, camera, laptop, whatever, built in the last 20+ years has had a "transformer", but a SMPS power supply.  Have you taken a cell phone charger apart, to find a transformer?  Do you work with electronics or power supplies?

Certainly every place anyone looks up how a cell phone charger works or an SMPS(Switched-Mode Power supply) works, it clearly shows that it contains a transformer. I can post the many sources of this information or you can just google how an "SMPS" or cell phone charger works.

Edited by nudistcruzer

32 minutes ago, davencl said:

Seems this thread is strictly about arguing for arguement's sake.  If NCL had to provide a legal document for banned items it would be at least 10,000 pages long to satisfy comments here.

My original post was in regards to noticing that "satellite phones" were banned, I never noticed it before. I was looking at the list to make sure my little scissors weren't banned, they are not. They are banned from "Brightline's" train's checked bags though.

I had already known that all new iPhones transmit location data to satellites.  I am still curious why one device that transmits to "Globalstar®" satellites in banned while another that transmits to the same "Globalstar®" satellites is not.  I immediately felt that people were angry that I even started the thread. I always try to provide links of the source of my information.