Specialty dining - Premier Plan Question

sad549s

If I buy the Princess Premier I understand that I receive 2 specialty dining visits.
If my kids are traveling with me in a separate room can I take one of my kids / or a friend to dinner and use the 2 dining credits at once or do they have to pay?   Am I personally the only one who can redeem the specialty dining credits or can I “share” one of the credits with someone else?   Thanks 

As far as I know the 2 SD belong to guest #1 and another guest in the same cabin.   I doubt if you can share with someone in a different cabin.  However, I’m sure one of our esteemed members could give you a more definitive answer.

1 hour ago, sad549s said:

If I buy the Princess Premier I understand that I receive 2 specialty dining visits.
If my kids are traveling with me in a separate room can I take one of my kids / or a friend to dinner and use the 2 dining credits at once or do they have to pay?   Am I personally the only one who can redeem the specialty dining credits or can I “share” one of the credits with someone else?   Thanks 

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

10. Can items in Princess Plus or Princess Premier be shared across guests in the stateroom, even if 3rd and 4th guests don’t have these packages?
For the Princess Premier package the following items can be shared across all guests: Wi-Fi for 4 devices per guest, the digital photo portion of the Photo Package and reserved theater seating. Free shipping for Medallion® devices and accessories can also be shared across all guests in the stateroom when shipped at once to the same address. Casual Dining or Specialty Dining meals cannot be shared with the 3rd and 4th guests in the stateroom.

2 hours ago, upsmanclt said:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

10. Can items in Princess Plus or Princess Premier be shared across guests in the stateroom, even if 3rd and 4th guests don’t have these packages?
For the Princess Premier package the following items can be shared across all guests: Wi-Fi for 4 devices per guest, the digital photo portion of the Photo Package and reserved theater seating. Free shipping for Medallion® devices and accessories can also be shared across all guests in the stateroom when shipped at once to the same address. Casual Dining or Specialty Dining meals cannot be shared with the 3rd and 4th guests in the stateroom.

This is interesting. My daughter and I have the Premier Package, but my husband and boys do not.  When I made reservations for specialty dining for an upcoming cruise, I added all 5 of us to the reservation.  It used all four credits and I only had to pay for 1 person to secure the reservation.  I hope they let us keep it this way and don’t charge for all 3 of them once on board.  I don’t mind paying for my husband, but my boys (ages 12 & 13) are EXTREMELY picky eaters and still eat kid size meals.  I don’t mind burning credits on them to try/experience something new, but I am not paying an additional $30 on them.

@sad549s, here is a link from a couple weeks ago where I asked a similar question.  There are reports of others being able to share.  I guess we won’t really know until we get onboard.

7 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

This is interesting. My daughter and I have the Premier Package, but my husband and boys do not.  When I made reservations for specialty dining for an upcoming cruise, I added all 5 of us to the reservation.  It used all four credits and I only had to pay for 1 person to secure the reservation.  I hope they let us keep it this way and don’t charge for all 3 of them once on board.  I don’t mind paying for my husband, but my boys (ages 12 & 13) are EXTREMELY picky eaters and still eat kid size meals.  I don’t mind burning credits on them to try/experience something new, but I am not paying an additional $30 on them.

@sad549s, here is a link from a couple weeks ago where I asked a similar question.  There are reports of others being able to share.  I guess we won’t really know until we get onboard.

There is a disconnect between what Princess posts on their website, what takes place onboard, and what is on their app. I would bet @TN-Mountains that you will have no issue onboard with being asked to pay more.

I found this on the TA Portal under Princess Plus & Princess Premier - FAQs: 

7. What items in Princess Premier can be shared across all guests in the stateroom, even if 3rd and 4th guests don't have Princess Premier?
The following items can be shared across all guests: Wi-Fi for 4 devices per Princess Premier guest, two specialty dining meals per Princess Premier guest, and the digital photo portion of the Photo Package. The meals shared with the 3rd and 4th guests will be counted towards the total four specialty dining meals included for the 1st and 2nd guests in Princess Premier. With the new Premier package that goes into effect 12/14/22, reserved theater seating and free shipping for Medallion® devices and accessories will also apply to all guests in the stateroom.

• Thanks 1