Currently on Sky - Churchills going away?

BRDLY99

On 12/3/2023 at 2:02 PM, Lady Arwen said:

Celebrity outdoor smoking areas are easily avoided.  You do not need to walk by them to get anywhere on the ship.

I would still like an indoor cigar lounge, well ventilated, away from all the moaning and complaining, where I can sit down with my fellow cigar smokers and make plans as to how we're going to take over the world!

Elvis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

I would still like an indoor cigar lounge, well ventilated, away from all the moaning and complaining, where I can sit down with my fellow cigar smokers and make plans as to how we're going to take over the world!

Elvis

Finally Princess agrees. Outside. Well ventilated with a great view and bar service. 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some have said that "Everyone will be happy if all smoking is eliminated."  This is a popular ploy on this page.  If something makes me happy, then it will make everyone happy.  Millions of Americans enjoy an occasional cigar.  For many, it's only a couple a year, and most that indulge, do so, maybe a couple times a month.  But, vacation is a great time to enjoy a cigar or two.  I meet these occasional cigar smokers on every cruise in the cigar lounge.  I'll hate losing that experience. Messaging from Princess on this topic is a fail.  Its like they want to keep cigar aficionados as customers, but don't want to tell them that they no longer provide a comfortable indoor space, similar to the upscale lounges that exist in nearly every significant town.  In fact, the "Churchill's Lounge" is still listed on deck plans for all ships except the 2 ships that are yet to sail.  We were looking at Princess for a cruise in early 2025. After 15 years of happy cruising, it looks like we are going back to land based trips.  A cigar venue is not the only criteria, but, it's a requirement in our cruise shopping. It's my vacation, and I'm going to enjoy a cigar each day of the trip. If I can't I'll vacation where I can.

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

While I respect everyone's views and opinions I can't help thinking that is so sad that someone might choose to base their entire holiday experience solely around being able to smoke a cigar or two... something they could likely do at home all year if they wanted.

Still, it is your life 🙂 

I had no idea that cigar smoking was still such a big thing - in the UK it really isnt. We have much more vaping than anything else and local cruise lines seemingly struggling to contain that problem if you look at complaints from fellow passengers.

Guest Snaxmuppet

The trouble with vaping in the UK is that it is not illegal to vape indoors or in pubs whereas it is illegal to smoke.

I have less of an issue with vaping in general tbh.

23 hours ago, ranstar said:

Some have said that "Everyone will be happy if all smoking is eliminated."  This is a popular ploy on this page.  If something makes me happy, then it will make everyone happy.  Millions of Americans enjoy an occasional cigar.  For many, it's only a couple a year, and most that indulge, do so, maybe a couple times a month.  But, vacation is a great time to enjoy a cigar or two.  I meet these occasional cigar smokers on every cruise in the cigar lounge.  I'll hate losing that experience. Messaging from Princess on this topic is a fail.  Its like they want to keep cigar aficionados as customers, but don't want to tell them that they no longer provide a comfortable indoor space, similar to the upscale lounges that exist in nearly every significant town.  In fact, the "Churchill's Lounge" is still listed on deck plans for all ships except the 2 ships that are yet to sail.  We were looking at Princess for a cruise in early 2025. After 15 years of happy cruising, it looks like we are going back to land based trips.  A cigar venue is not the only criteria, but, it's a requirement in our cruise shopping. It's my vacation, and I'm going to enjoy a cigar each day of the trip. If I can't I'll vacation where I can.

Try Norwegian Cruise Lines.  Their cigar lounges are very nice!

Elvis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1