letter from carnival

Sam D.

Looking for a posting about letters written to Carnival from a past guest and received a letter back from Carnival with a discount for a future cruise. Does anyone know what I'm refering to?

Looking for a posting about letters written to Carnival from a past guest and received a letter back from Carnival with a discount for a future cruise. Does anyone know what I'm refering to?

DD received a card from our PVP saying, "CCL cordially invites you, Our valued Past Gues, to secure your cruise vacation for this upcoming year." Blah, blah, blah

Then it gives a code to use.

This was really nothing but a bit of Public Relations, to make her feel she was getting something special. Same discount code was in the Currents magazine.

Never heard of offering a discount unless the person had a big problem... the 45 day letter is sent to some people, and as Duck said, it's for a little trinket... not a discount on a future cruise.

We were on a cruise in April of 2004 and had a few problems, upon my return I wrote a letter to Carnival explaining our concerns. I received a reply letter back from Carnival apologizing for the issues and offering me and my family a 15% discount off a future cruise.

We did book again, this coming April on the Liberty. However, when I sent in the letter as outlined, Carnival did not "really" give me the full 15% off. I had booked through a TA and got a great deal b/c I traded a week of time share. Anyway, I followed the instruction on getting the discount and when I did not see a credit on my credit card from carnival I called customer service. I was finally told that I was issued a ship board credit amounting to about 7% off. I tried to discuss this with them, but they were quite difficult to deal with . So , I just took the credit( shipboard) and figured it was better than nothing. Just a bit of false advertisement in my opinion:eek:

I sent a "thank you" letter to Carnival after my cruise on the Glory and got a letter giving me 15% off of my next cruise which we used on the Liberty last year. I keep writing figuring I will get another one someday.

Linda

We sailed with Carnival for the 1st time in Jan. 05 on the Glory. (Wonderful ship). After we returned home I wrote an email to Carnival to tell them what a wonderful time we had and to sing the praises of our dining room wait staff naming both our waiter and her assistant whom we absolutely loved. They sent me a snail-mail letter thanking me for my letter and told me that my wait staff would get kudos at their staff meeting and that I would recieved a sailaway gift in my cabin if I let them know 45 days before my next cruise with Carnival. Can't wait to see what I will get!

Kathy in Maine

Also received a 15% discount on cruise for praising CCL and for bringing to their attention a problem we had on our last cruise. The 15%

discount applies only to the actual cruise cost itself , which i was greatly appreciative of.

I book exclusively through a T/A and had no problem with the discount being applied to upcoming ALASKAN cruise this june.

The only stipulation was to book a cruise with them within 1 year from receipt of the letter.

Archived