Margaritaville "free margarita" coupons...

MamaParrotHead

Now my question is this: I found the salt shaker in the coffee shop and printed the coupon out 4 times for each member of the family. Will this work? Or do i need to find the shaker in 4 different places?

Well if they are not thrilled about serving them then they should not offer them! And if they are given out ungraciously then who is going to go buy one for 6-7$ after the free one is gone in one gulp!

Is this a place to spend some time with the kids using the pool and slides, or is it a short stop place? Was planning on doing tubing then heading here for the rest of the afternoon for the kids to use the slides in the pool. We will not be getting drunk since we are with kids...ages 10 and 11. So should I plan on doing other things before coming to this place? Was thinking of doing a beach stop too, but sems like they charge for admission and I just do not wish to do that when so many other days on the cruise we are going to beaches. Does any beach not charge?

No problems redeeming the Free Coupon!!! I used the Free coupon for the Margarita AND the coupon for the FREE shot that I was handed on my way in to Island Village by someone, at the same time. I will be posting my review of sorts hopefully sometime this week or next - I took a picture of the two free things together!! All that they ask you when you redeem the coupon is to put your email address on the back. Someone that we knew there redeemed several coupons himself. No problem mon!!!

It is a FANTASTICALLY fun place!!! We had a blast!! Sit at the bar on the end by where they make the drinks and closest to the DJ. Joke around with the bartenders - they are AWESOME!! And naughty!! ;) We had such a great time with them - Easy to lose track of time in Jamaica.

And you'll definitely want more than your just one 'small' free Margarita...they just go down so well....Mmmmm

Have fun!!!!!

well, last year while there, we were able to redeem at least 2 coupons per person. One of the people in our group made multiple copies of the coupon and we had a blast. It is correct though you will need to write an email address on the back, don't remember writing the name though. As for the free shot coupon you get when you walk in, we used that too, and with a little coaxing, we continued to get free shots. (we were sitting upstairs away from the DJ and that and it wasn't as crowded so I don't know if that helped us in receiving such GREAT service!) Caprcorn you are right, you can definitely lose track of time. Will be visiting again in less than 2 months YEAH!!!!

My future husband and I will be cruising for our honeymoon, and we are realllly looking forward to it! We're stopping at Montego Bay and taking an excursion to the Falls that includes lunch at the Ocho Margaritaville. We'll be back in Montego (if everything is according to schedule) about an hour and 15 mins before we need to be back on the ship. Is that enough time to stop in the Montego Margaritavile, or is it cutting it too close and ok to skip? I love Margaritavilles on vacation in the states and am looking forward to a "real" Caribbean Margarita experience!

that's the way I'm reading it. I was also curious as to whether or not they'd be good at the GC locations, as well as the ones in Jamaica (as the coupon says, "Margaritaville Caribbean locations")?

The coupon says "all Caribbean locations" and Grand Cayman is in the Caribbean.

The coupon says "all Caribbean locations" and Grand Cayman is in the Caribbean.
If you click on the link on the coupon page for"Carribean Locations" http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations.php it only shows the Jamaican ones. And if you go to www.margaritaville.com you will not find any mention of Grand Cayman. I would say GC is not a real Margaritaville at all. It could be somebody is pirating the name.

Enjoy

Ron

If you click on the link on the coupon page for"Carribean Locations" http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/locations.php it only shows the Jamaican ones. And if you go to www.margaritaville.com you will not find any mention of Grand Cayman. I would say GC is not a real Margaritaville at all. It could be somebody is pirating the name.

Enjoy

Ron

If you'd just go to Google and do a search on "Margaritavlle, Grand Cayman", you'd see a million articles. Among which, this:

"Jimmy Buffet's entertainment themed restaurant Margaritaville will open in the Anchorage Centre in May 2006. The establishment will feature a water slide into an upstairs swimming pool, a swim–up pool bar and spas. Their menu will include 52 tropical flavours of margaritas." Found on the Grand Cayman tourism website, http://www.gotocayman.com/gcmn2005.htm, under "June 2005" news.

Another one from a Buffett fan website, quoting a local Cayman news acrticle: http://www.cobo.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=988&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

There's quite a few more, if you're interested. Next time you might try doing the research instead of being lazy and making blanket statements. I'm sure they won't list GC Margaritaville on the list of "locations" on the site until it's open. Why would they?

I noticed there are two on the island......We are going to be on the Conquest, docking in Mobay.

My 17 and 19 year olds are dying to stay at the bar for the whole day. My questions is did you go with an excursion or did you take your own cab? Is it hard to get there and back in a timely manner before departure? Is it close the anything else to visit?

Archived