Our Guadeloupe Excursion 11/29/23

MissiCruzs

We took this excursion thru the ship called "Amazing Eco Adventure & Snorkel" while onboard the Emerald Princess...4 hours and wow did it live up to its name!  We had seen similar private tours going to Le Grand Cul de Sac Marin but none of them wanted to accommodate cruise ship hours so we were ecstatic when it suddenly popped up as an option. Some folks on the roll call were a little leary because it had no stars, but I pointed out it wouldn't because it's new and I was going to take a chance on it. Well it will get 5 stars from me and if I could give it more I would!

Our group of 22 gathered at the meeting place and we walked down past Terminal 1 to the dock. The boat was built for snorkeling/diving so not fancy but ample seating and mostly covered. We had 2 guides who were also dive instructors and a captain so we were in excellent hands. 

As we motored away from the dock we got the safety briefing and then they brought out a map and showed where we were and where we were going. You go through the Mangroves along the Salted River until reaching the Marine Reserve coral reef. We stopped for about 40 minutes of snorkeling and they split us up into advanced and beginners and in my case I grabbed a noodle and floated happily. We next headed over to a spit of sand and the water was only 3 feet deep but there was sea grass beyond to snorkel in. 

The guys were very knowledgeable and narrated the entire tour. Even at the end they brought out an island map and recommended other tours or beaches to try out. My only warning is the boats ladders are straight down...a little challenging for some... including me. 

Pictures are worth a thousand words!

20231129_095650.jpg

20231129_095154.jpg

20231129_101918.jpg

20231129_102521.jpg

20231129_115017.jpg

20231129_115116_resized.jpg

20231129_130441.jpg

Edited by MissiCruzs