Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard

cruiserking

Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard

• I do not feel jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard.
    • I think jeans are fine during the day but, not at night.
    • I think jeans are suitable dress anytime of the day.
    • No Opinion

Karie - I've never been to a Volunteers football game, but saw them play basketball several time in Rupp Arena years ago. Alas, I can't recall that I ever saw a "Smokey" though. I understand that Tennessee is a lovely place to be from!

...And for the that poor fox with the True Religion jeans, norovirus and white diner jacket, I guess he's out of luck. I am a member of PETA (People for Eating Tasty Animals), I just wish their was a good receipe for the beast.

I also feel that we'll need a good receipe for Lawyers (Barristers) as well. Although, if one is not available, SFT, Jonners and their cohorts should feel free to continue to practice their pursuit.

(What carries a briefcase and looks great in Brown and Black? - A Lawyer covered in dobermans.)

Cheers!

... Do "the hunt" in a minefield and I'll be impressed. Do it in the open country and you've got a pointless slaughter that demeans the hunter and the hunted. Sorry gents, no honor or glory in that.

UNLESS, of course, the fox is wearing jeans and attempting to board. Then by all means blast away!

" Sorry Blacksmith old boy, not taking the bait! This subject has been discussed 'ad nauseum' in the British Press, mostly by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. That nice Mr Blair and his so-called government recently passed a law which banned hunting with hounds. I must say that it's had next to no effect, as he found that country-dwellers were not the pushover he expected. Still, it gave him a brief diversion from blowing up half the world, along with Wild Bill Bush and his vigilantes. We live in hope that one day Messrs Blair and Bush will turn their attention to serious miscreants such as those highly subversive people who wear jeans aboard Cunard ships"

........SFT, Jonners and their cohorts should feel free to continue to practice their pursuit.

"Well, how very nice of you Blacksmith to offer your support. Most Americans manage to see sense eventually. Jonquil Carruthers suggests that we present you with our next 'brush'. Did you know they can be used in a stew? .. rather like oxtail soup. Not for the faint-hearted but could be good homeopathy against the nobo-virus"

I just wish their was a good recipe for the beast.

I love a challenge - I've hunted high and low and not found any recipe. All I can find is the Larousse Gastronomique that says "FOX, Renard - Animal ranking as vermin. Its flesh is very tough and with an extremely unpleasant 'wild' taste, but it is sometimes eaten after the animal has been skinned and the flesh soaked in running or boiling water".

Alternatively:

Did you know they can be used in a stew? .. rather like oxtail soup.

We just completed westbound 29 May to 4 June. I believe about 50% Brits or other Europeans, maybe more. I saw more jeans during the day than I could believe. My wife and I were not shocked, but somewhat surprised. The evenings however were dressy and quite enjoyable.

I guess it is good to "live and let live" but a lot of folks were dressed down in the daytime.

Still it was one of the most enjoyable 6 days I have ever spent.

Thanks, Cunard and QM2

....I am a member of PETA (People for Eating Tasty Animals), I just wish there was a good receipe for the beast.

"Well sir, Jonquil Carruthers tells me that Mr Reynard should first be de-loused and then gently simmered in a cauldron over a slow-burning fire of hop manure. Cooking time is seldom less then 90 minutes. The finished article should then be served in generous portions to politicians and people who wear jeans aboard Cunard"

Archived