UK Schengen visa

Cadburybar

Hi, I'm an Egyptian citizen planning to go on a cruise that starts in Denmark, followed by visits to Germany, Sweden, Scotland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, and France, with the final destination being the UK. Given the itinerary encompassing several Schengen countries and the final destination being the UK, would applying for a Schengen visa suffice for this trip? I contacted the UK embassy, but I haven't heard back through email or phone.

Thank you for your help.

22 hours ago, Cadburybar said:

Hi, I'm an Egyptian citizen planning to go on a cruise that starts in Denmark, followed by visits to Germany, Sweden, Scotland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, and France, with the final destination being the UK. Given the itinerary encompassing several Schengen countries and the final destination being the UK, would applying for a Schengen visa suffice for this trip? I contacted the UK embassy, but I haven't heard back through email or phone.

Thank you for your help.

Check this website for the UK (which includes Scotland) https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/egypt

It doesn't look like you're eligible for a Transit Visa, even if your visit is brief.

• Like 1

Egyptian nationals need a standard UK visa for a visit of up to 6 months to the UK (that includes Scotland). It's expensive - £115 per person !!

It takes about 3 weeks from applying to receiving the visa, but buy on-line no more than 3 months before your visit.

If your UK visit (including Scotland) is all before or after the Schengen countries you will also need a single-entry Schengen visa, but if it's between Schengen countries (for example Denmark to Scotland to France) you need a multiple-entry Schengen visa.

You can apply from 6 months before your visit, it costs €80 per person, €40 for children aged 6 to 12 years, for children under 6 years old are free

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/apply-standard-visitor-visa

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/policies/schengen-borders-and-visa/visa-policy-old/who-must-apply-schengen-visa_en

Use only the official UK and EU websites to apply, the UK website includes "gov.uk",  the EU website includes "europa.eu"

There are visa application sites which look official but are visa agencies - they will charge a fee, so don't use them unless you're having difficulty in understanding & applying direct.

JB 🙂

• Like 2