Carnival Freedom - Anyone interested in forming a group for April 19th Sailing?

So Sorry just excited:D

Me too... Just got a bit carried away :o

OBC would also be our choice. Just spoke to my SIL, they may be interested too, based on pricing, but April would be good for them.

Just spoke to my SIL, they may be interested too

:D :D Your SIL is one of my favorite people!

Remember everyone that all that will be required at this point will be a very minimal deposit to hold your spot so if you're on the fence after we get pricing, it's still good to go ahead and put the deposit down anyway!

Joyce I hope you had no storm damage read where it was a nasty one.

Thank you for asking Allen but no we weren't in the middle of it all - thank goodness!

Because of the widespread damage to the banana and sugar cane crops many of those people in north Queensland will be without jobs as well as losing their homes. It's a real disaster area at the moment but the Aussies came through - as always - with very speedy assistance for all those involved. It will take time but they are a resilient lot so I'm sure they'll pull through okay!

Lezlee - glad you're thinking April instead of September. it would be great to catch up with you both and Debbie & Joe again.

San Fran - we are a bit like you as far as not wanting people in our face all the time and we often like to do our own thing so I do understand what you mean. However I must admit that we have enjoyed meeting our CC friends on board and it did enhance our holiday experience. We always travel on our own - not with family or friends - and we love to meet people from other parts of the world. It's so interesting to hear about other people's lives and their experiences which are often quite different from our own.

Have fun:)

Joyce

It's a real disaster area at the moment but the Aussies came through - as always - with very speedy assistance for all those involved.

When they get finished, could you send those Aussies over here to show our FEMA what to do with our Katrina and Wilma damage? Glad your area was spared, Joyce. The news we got in the US made it sound very bad and my thoughts were of you and Les immediately.

But again....I digress....must stay focused on Freedom. ;)

I am very interested in the info...

Would love to see Greece...and Istanbul...

My one problem is 50% of my friends and family that would want to go are CPA's or financial executives doing fiscal junk for their companies around tax season....and April 19th might be a no no....

What about the June 18th sailiing~ the very next one available.... or september 22nd....Is it cold then???

Here is my email when you get the pricing info:

I wouldn't need air...

but I also vote for onboard credit as a group perk!

cruisephotos@gmail.com

Thanks for looking into and organizing this!:)

I am definitely interested I have been researching and waiting for pricing to come up and we were only going to do a 7 day but I may be able to talk the other people into this intin!

I am intersted in 2 cabins not sure of which yet will know once you have pricing!

Thanks!!

As far as airfare goes, from everything I have heard, it would probably be so much cheaper to do on your own. Since this cruise is more than a year away, that gives you plenty of time to hunt for cheap fares. April is also before the peak travel season, so that also helps. Travelocity is a great place to look. Everytime I have seen the airfare prices offered from the cruiselines, I laugh because I know that I can get it for at least half of that.

Another thing to try is to fly from the US to England, or France and then get a flight to Rome.....that can be a lot cheaper as well. I think I might spend a day or two in London before going on to Rome. It depends upon how much vacation time I can save up between now and then.

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, I am organizing the April 19, 2007 sailing on Carnival Freedom group. And, we should have prices on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Once we get prices, we become official :D

I have to admit, I'm thrilled with the response from everyone! I honestly didn't think this many people would be interested but, I'm so happy you're proving me wrong!

I'm truly excited about this cruise and, I'm looking forward to the new ship. I absolutely loved Carnival Liberty. And, I hope Carnival Freedom is equally as nice.

Also I want to share some links I found with all of you. These links will help answer most of your questions about weather and the time of year we will be in the various ports:

TURKEY

Istanbul, Turkey Fact Sheet

Istanbul Weather (averages found on bottom of the page)

GREECE

Athens, Greece Fact Sheet

Athens, Greece Weather (averages are found at the bottom of the page)

ITALY

Rome, Italy Fact Sheet

Rome, Italy Weather (averages found at the bottom of the page)

WEATHER LINKS

InfoPlease Weather for Tourists

Weather.com

Well, at least these are a starting point. If anyone has more links to share please post them so everyone benefits!

Thanks!

I have a question, hopefully someone will know the answer. Is there a way to check your status with Carnival regarding how many cruises taken? I've lost count and, I'm curious to find out how close we are to becoming Platinum status. Thanks!

Hi, all! This sounds absolutely amazing!

Is it too soon for specifics on the itinerary (times in port, which days are sea days)? Or have I just not been paying close enough attention? Maybe more details won't be available until the pricing comes out?

This is so exciting, I just can't wait to find out more!

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, I am organizing the April 19, 2007 sailing on Carnival Freedom group. And, we should have prices on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Once we get prices, we become official :D

I have to admit, I'm thrilled with the response from everyone! I honestly didn't think this many people would be interested but, I'm so happy you're proving me wrong!

I'm truly excited about this cruise and, I'm looking forward to the new ship. I absolutely loved Carnival Liberty. And, I hope Carnival Freedom is equally as nice.

Also I want to share some links I found with all of you. These links will help answer most of your questions about weather and the time of year we will be in the various ports:

TURKEY

Istanbul, Turkey Fact Sheet

Istanbul Weather (averages found on bottom of the page)

GREECE

Athens, Greece Fact Sheet

Athens, Greece Weather (averages are found at the bottom of the page)

ITALY

Rome, Italy Fact Sheet

Rome, Italy Weather (averages found at the bottom of the page)

WEATHER LINKS

InfoPlease Weather for Tourists

Weather.com

Well, at least these are a starting point. If anyone has more links to share please post them so everyone benefits!

Thanks!

Thanks for the links:) As for your question about past cruises if you put your past guest # in on the Carnival site there is a place you can click for your cruise history..

I just reread the press release from Carnival. It clearly states all voyages operate round trip from Civitavecchia. It also says on the Med & Greek Isles cruise you have an overnight in Rome. Civitavecchia is the Rome port (Rome is 1-1 1/2 hrs. away) so how can you have an overnight at your embarkation/debarkation port?

Maybe my brain is working well this morning but that seems strange to me. What am I missing?

I just reread the press release from Carnival. It clearly states all voyages operate round trip from Civitavecchia. It also says on the Med & Greek Isles cruise you have an overnight in Rome. Civitavecchia is the Rome port (Rome is 1-1 1/2 hrs. away) so how can you have an overnight at your embarkation/debarkation port?

Maybe my brain is working well this morning but that seems strange to me. What am I missing?

I'm wondering that too. :confused:

Hi,

We are booked on the May 19th Med cruise from Rome. This one sounds fabulous and we will definately be booking on March 27 :D

I was dissapointed not to see any May sailings :( I think May would be a great time, not too busy and not over 100 degreees heat:cool: Anyone know the reason why no May?

Now we need to decide April or June, ah! decisions, decisions!

This one is definately a must.

Thank you SanFranBay Cruiser for this info, excuse my ignorance but is there a benefit to participating in a group booking? Also, with regard to flights, when Carnival arranges the flight how do you know which airline it will be with? We made sure we booked ourselves with Air Canada for the Toronto to Rome flight as we didn't want to go on a charter.

Hi,

We are booked on the May 19th Med cruise from Rome. This one sounds fabulous and we will definately be booking on March 27 :D

I was dissapointed not to see any May sailings :( I think May would be a great time, not too busy and not over 100 degreees heat:cool: Anyone know the reason why no May?

Now we need to decide April or June, ah! decisions, decisions!

This one is definately a must.

Thank you SanFranBay Cruiser for this info, excuse my ignorance but is there a benefit to participating in a group booking? Also, with regard to flights, when Carnival arranges the flight how do you know which airline it will be with? We made sure we booked ourselves with Air Canada for the Toronto to Rome flight as we didn't want to go on a charter.

The biggest benefits are usually having slightly better pricing and (fingers crossed) usually some type of amenities package like onboard credit.

Also, I should point out the fact that you won't be forced into a group dining situation. Several of you out there have expressed interest in this cruise but, are uncertain about committing because you don't want to be "trapped" into having tablemates at dinner. You are free to dine with whom ever you like - we're not forcing group dining or group activities. However, if there are certain people you want to dine with please be sure to let our selected Travel Agent know so he or she can cross reference you for dinner.

Additionally, we can certainly set up a meeting time and place for those who want to meet and mix and mingle but, it is not going to be a requirement nor will anyone be annoyed if you skip it.

As far as why I picked this date. First, the first few sailings the weather will still be too cold for my taste, by April 19th the temperatures will be in the 60s and 70s in most ports ofcall. Not too hot and not too cold.

Also, I have made a promise to go back to Europe in late June/early July in 2007 to celebrate a high school graduation, and, the cruise is going to be the graduation present. And, I highly doubt that they are going to want to do the Greece/Turkey/Italy route at that time - if they do, not a problem, I'll gladly do it again!! But, those are my reasons for selecting this particular date.

As far as air, once the prices come out and we get better organized, I will ask the travel agent to obtain group air from as many locations as possible.

Archived