How is the Vision lately?

We are planning a cruise with our family and trying to decide between the Vision of the Seas and the Diamond Princess. We have taken two previous cruises on the Vision--the last being about 3 years ago. At that time, the cabins were looking a bit worn and the food wasn't great. However, we love the itinerary. Can someone who has been on the Vision recently let me know how the cabins and the ship look now--I know the ship is 8 years old now. Hopefully, it's been renovated. Thanks so much for your help.

The furnishings are probably the same ones you had 3 years ago. We were on her in 2003 and again in January 06, and they hadn't changed. Vision was in drydock right before we sailed, so new furniture/furnishings weren't part of the plan, I guess.

Having said that, she's a lovely ship, with a great crew, and they keep her spotless. The CD, Keith Williams, was simply outstanding - very understated and classy. The food was far better on this cruise than I remember it having been in the past.

The Diamond Princess is a wonderful and nearly brand new, albeit huge, ship. We've sailed her twice, and the only times we felt a crowd was at the very poorly designed Horizon Court. Otherwise, we were always able to find space to relax & enjoy the ship. There were a lot of activities, too. The food was good, and the service was correct but not overly warm. I give a definite edge to the Vision crew there.

Just came back from the 03/05 sailing on the Vision. This was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare to but I have to say that we were very impressed with this ship, Captain crew and staff. I agree with critterchick that the furnishings are probably the same as 3 years ago, but having said that nothing appeared to be overly worn and was always spotless. In fact, I though everything was just beautiful. You can't say enough about the staff and crew on this ship. Everyone goes out of there way to make sure you are happy and having a great time. Never saw a staff member without a smile on their face. We also thought that the food was VERY VERY GOOD in both the Windjammer and the dining room. Didn't want to leave and would sail on the Vision again in a heart beat. I am actually going to post a long review once I get back in the land over sea grove! Hope this answers your question Boopsie.

Laura

Thank you all so much for your help. I still haven't made the decision, but I appreciate the input. We loved our two trips on the Vision--sounds like things haven't changed much. I was hoping they had improved the worn looking cabins. We also liked the Sapphire Princess--much newer, of course but doesn't stay in the Mexican ports as long as Vision. Decisions, decisions!! You are all so helpful.

Archived