National Aviary at Cartagena? How did you like it?

kelliebiz

Hi All

Has anyone taken the ship’s excursion to the National Aviary? I booked it with Holland America in a few months and I was just wondering how you liked it and what you can tell me about the experience. How far is the ride, how big is the zoo, are you on your own to browse the exhibits or do you walk around with the group, whatever else you can share. Thanks! Kellie

• 1 month later...

I see that no one has responded yet, so let me try to help. Looking at a map it looks like it is waaaay out of the city - 45 mins approx. I realize that you may WANT TO visit the aviary, but not sure if you are aware that there is a small park and aviary right there in the port - next the the port exit. My review is as follows from a few years ago: 

image.thumb.png.26819c76e63bc06019845f091694b33b.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 12:30 AM, Starlight Durban Cruising said:

I see that no one has responded yet, so let me try to help. Looking at a map it looks like it is waaaay out of the city - 45 mins approx. I realize that you may WANT TO visit the aviary, but not sure if you are aware that there is a small park and aviary right there in the port - next the the port exit. My review is as follows from a few years ago: 

image.thumb.png.26819c76e63bc06019845f091694b33b.png

thanks for the reply, Starlight. My apologies that I am only seeing it now. I did enjoy reading your post from a few years ago. I am going to go ahead and take the ship’s excursion to the national aviary as I have some ship’s excursion credit to use and none of the others look interesting to me. If I remember I’ll come back here and tell you about it. I have seen many many mentions of the little zoo at the port and I’m sure I’ll get a look at that after the big tour. Thanks again for taking the time to reply 👋🏼